Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New headlight lenses required H7 or H4? Help

Fatboy74

New to the world of 964(lovin it :D ), so I will probably be posting some daft questions so please bare with me!
Need new headlight lenses and my current ones have H7 on them(93 C4) but when looking I can only seem to find Bosch lettered with H4 on them, could someone please tell me what the difference is and can I just put the H4's on?
Any help would be appreciated :thumbs:

The simplest answer is that H4 are combined dip and main beam in one bulb, H7 are single filament bulbs, one each for dip and main.

Thanks Mike, so I take it the lenses have a different pattern on them due to bulb positions and I can't just swop over the lenses to H4 style?
And I also can't put H4 bulbs in as the wiring/socket will be different in my H7 headlights.

Just remembered the lights have been changed to HID's and have a dual beam bulb so now I'm thinking H4 lenses would be right :?:
My head hurts now :?

The bulbs are not interchangeable, their bases are different sizes and, of course, the H4 has an extra terminal (the flat blades) 3 rather than 2.

However, I'm not familiar with 964 light (mines a 996). You may find the lenses are the same.

The glass on all 64's are H4 but they come in RHD and LHD forms.

Thanks for the input guys👍 I think I've got my head around it now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back