Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Filter upgrade: K&N or BMC? Others maybe????

michelin

Indianapolis
I've never been a fan of the stock paper filters for many reasons so I may change them over.
The question is which make?
Does anybody have any experience iin swapping to the performance variant on a 981 BS?
Thanks guys
:thumb:

This is my personal experience having tried several types of sports filters in my 997 . the K&N seemed to be over oiled and this fouled my maff sensors so was removed (I have since found out that if I had wrapped it in paper towel and steeped it overnight in the airing cupboard I would /should have been ok with it. anyway I changed to BMC I have never had any issues with these on my 997.1 or 997.2 I dont clean and re oil them but just change them but following the paper towel and steeping method and reoiling would be the best way to get the best from them.
The BMC not only allows more cold air in and has a nice induction note it actually filters to a smaller particle micron that the stock paper one ,So for me there are only wins to fitting a sports filter . :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil.
I have experience of K&N's with oiling so I'm ok there.
So it's either K&N or BMC :?: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back