Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCN - City of London - Harsh Penalty

911_AS

Have a look at this video.

I'm being penalised for entering the bus stop - not a bus lane, a bus stop!

I'm driving the white 911. I had to go past a parked lorry AND a cyclist, and had no choice but to give the cyclist adequate space, in order to go past him and the double-yellow-line parked lorry.

I think it's ridiculous that I'm being penalised and have challenged via the appeal process.

What chance do I have of this PCN being retracted?

That's utter bullsh*t. If you don't get off that I'd be onto the tv stations. They'd lap this up.

FZP said:
That's utter bullsh*t. If you don't get off that I'd be onto the tv stations. They'd lap this up.

:agree: :judge:

:thumb:

King William street by any chance? Hope the sports exhaust was open to warn pedestrians that you were approaching !

I would be stating the 7.5tonne wagon and the safe passing margin you have to leave when passing parked cars in case the door opens or a headphones zombie steps out from behind it.

Bicycle - not sure about highlighting a double overtake if you have not submitted anything yet. I don't know the law on that but you could not have passed without going into the bus stop even if the bike was not there!

Definitely do not mention or even allude to the cyclist.

Stick to the reasonable position that you either stopped and waited for however long the commercial vehicle took to move, therefore blocking the entire road for an age or proceeded with due care leaving a reasonable gap for safety of pedestrians or anyone exiting the parked truck.

The exact details of the Contravention are:-
"52M - failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicles (motor vehicles) - only buses and bicycles allowed Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm".

I've - unfortunately - already mentioned the Cyclist in my appeal. Damn! I perhaps should not have done so, but at the time it seemed a perfectly logical argument with sufficient weight to challenge the penalty.

I really hope they do not reject the appeal on the basis of the double-overtake. The timing of the cyclist could not be helped, and if one cannot overtake that Lorry (which shouldn't be there in the first place) without entering the Bus Stop, then in theory every car that passed by would have been penalised.

Ridiculous.

its a while ago but I rang them up and they looked at it while I was on the phone. they basically read the number wrong when I explained that the car in the picture was a ford focus and my car then was a Nissan 200sx coupe. It was a female I spoke to who didn't really know their cars......I had to explain that coupe is different to hatchback and then she asked me my opinion on what the number was in the video??? She cancelled it over the phone

if you can get thro be polite explain no buses coming the other way etc

likely a "young person" given a list of road rules to follow

911_AS said:

The exact details of the Contravention are:-
"52M - failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicles (motor vehicles) - only buses and bicycles allowed Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm".

I've - unfortunately - already mentioned the Cyclist in my appeal. Damn! I perhaps should not have done so, but at the time it seemed a perfectly logical argument with sufficient weight to challenge the penalty.

I really hope they do not reject the appeal on the basis of the double-overtake. The timing of the cyclist could not be helped, and if one cannot overtake that Lorry (which shouldn't be there in the first place) without entering the Bus Stop, then in theory every car that passed by would have been penalised.

Ridiculous.

Little chance of appeal I'm afraid. It looks like you were done for driving a car where only buses or bikes are allowed between 7am and 7pm, and the time stamp says 0915. It's been like that since May 2017.

Here's the detail:
https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/ser...ges/bank-junction-restrictions-penalties.aspx

Not sure about that I work in Poultry and the restrictions are to stop people driving through the Bank junction - but you can turn left into Cornhill from Threadneedle street

I have the exact same thing going on currently, it is very sneaky and there is a lot of details about it on the web

http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t114557.html

People did appeal it in the beginning due to incorrect signs and terminology used I believe.

Just another money spinning exercise from that man Mr Khan!!

vlad said:
Not sure about that I work in Poultry and the restrictions are to stop people driving through the Bank junction - but you can turn left into Cornhill from Threadneedle street

Unfortunately he's going the other way, going west towards Bank junction, but from the angle of approach looking like he made a left turn from Bishopsgate.

Very easy to miss the bike/bus only signs at pavement level, as they face traffic coming from Leadenhall Street.

dombo said:
vlad said:

Unfortunately he's going the other way, going west towards Bank junction, but from the angle of approach looking like he made a left turn from Bishopsgate.

Very easy to miss the bike/bus only signs at pavement level, as they face traffic coming from Leadenhall Street.

Hi Dombo. Thanks for this. Interesting, as I had no idea I was driving in a Zone which restricts cars at certain times. From the Video, it clearly states the Contravention occurs at the exact time I enter the Bus Stop. It's ambiguous to say the least. I did not see any road signs implying the area was restricted. I was driving a brand new 911 and simply followed the Sat Nav guidance.I take it every car driving on that road was presumably hit with a PCN?

911_AS said:
dombo said:
vlad said:

Hi Dombo. Thanks for this. Interesting, as I had no idea I was driving in a Zone which restricts cars at certain times. From the Video, it clearly states the Contravention occurs at the exact time I enter the Bus Stop. It's ambiguous to say the least. I did not see any road signs implying the area was restricted. I was driving a brand new 911 and simply followed the Sat Nav guidance.I take it every car driving on that road was presumably hit with a PCN?

Yes, the signs are rubbish and seem designed purely to catch people out and line the mayor's coffers. Only those turning sharp left from Threadneedle would be ok.

911_AS said:

Err sorry but sign missing ain't going to work on this one..pic from street view....happy to buy you a pint to commiserate though given that there are a few of us working very close to bank/poultry. Impromptu city meet one afternoon/evening boys?

Attachments

• b192ddd4_a2b9_4c75_adfc_f9f215519101_212.jpeg
    b192ddd4_a2b9_4c75_adfc_f9f215519101_212.jpeg
    671.1 KB · Views: 5,450

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back