Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moped crime

Jonnywise

23k moped crimes last year one yesterday near me
In Croydon.they rob a family wile sitting in traffic.
As we all drive luxury cars we are probably more
Likely to be a target.i have a can of industrial strength
De-icer in my car and have also thought about
Running them over if it happen to me.any thoughts ?

Jonny

:?:

flamethrower-anti-hijack.jpg

On a more serious note...pepper spray or a tazer will do it :judge:

:thumb:

My Mum got robbed this way on Nice promenade back in 2000. My Dad was sat in the car parked up and saw it so he chased after them in his car. Once they knew he was chasing them, they just rode over the central reservation, laughed and waved good bye. Been going on over on the continent for years but recently their crime habits have wandered into the UK.

Best option is to keep your doors locked and no accessible valuables in the car..........or move somewhere nicer.

Possession of a pepper spray or taser will result in a conviction for possession of a firearm under s5(1)(b) Firearms Act 1968 so not advisable. The di-icer is a legitimate car accessory so the boys in blue will struggle to prove you had it as an offensive weapon under the Prevention of Crime Act 1953.

GARY S said:
Possession of a pepper spray or taser will result in a conviction for possession of a firearm under s5(1)(b) Firearms Act 1968 so not advisable. The di-icer is a legitimate car accessory so the boys in blue will struggle to prove you had it as an offensive weapon under the Prevention of Crime Act 1953.

It was only a joke :dont know:

joke_alert.gif

If you can't get hold of a cattle prod or an AR-15 assault rifle and your local DIY store is out of Pepper spray then you need to carry one of these. Seems they have more guts than most bystanders and certainly more than the pond life robbing the jewellers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2PlcyteQi0

Personally I'd issue a shoot to kill order.

They'd get the flogging of a lifetime. If you're big enough to have a crack, then you're old enough to be cracked.

Moped robbers

Hi Alex
As to moving to some nice area,me and the
Wife were down the kings road Chelsea
A couple of months ago and someone got done there
So it can happen in any area,also they are amassing your windows
So keeping your doors locked is not much help

Moped

Pic

Attachments

• cbd03879_0de6_4724_a24e_c1671059d26f_694.png
    cbd03879_0de6_4724_a24e_c1671059d26f_694.png
    663.9 KB · Views: 8,905
That article was a load of ol' tosh! Firstly he isn't a cyclist, he's a thug on a bike. Secondly, he came across someone he had a grievance with.

So not really what we are discussing here.

Another justification for allowing tint film on the front drivers and passengers window. Tough to get through, and protects the occupants from UV

easternjets said:
If you can't get hold of a cattle prod or an AR-15 assault rifle and your local DIY store is out of Pepper spray then you need to carry one of these. Seems they have more guts than most bystanders and certainly more than the pond life robbing the jewellers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2PlcyteQi0

Personally I'd issue a shoot to kill order.

I dont want to have to carry an old granny around with me. 😄

Re: Moped robbers

Jonnywise said:
Hi Alex
As to moving to some nice area,me and the
Wife were down the kings road Chelsea
A couple of months ago and someone got done there
So it can happen in any area,also they are amassing your windows
So keeping your doors locked is not much help

When we talk about a 'nice area', we are not talking about anywhere in London.

HSC911 said:
GARY S said:

It was only a joke :dont know:

joke_alert.gif

I would not care of any outcome if the misses is in the car and there is any danger she would get hurt. Thats it no discussion on that one :gunfire:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back