Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wrapping my 996 turbo

Kilsoj

Wrapping 996 turbo

So quick question

Opinions on wrapping my turbo

Coming at this from two angles
1. A change of colour would be nice
2. I want to protect the paint

So if you can swallow the wrapping of a car what in your opinion would suit her?

Three I'm thinking of
1. Guards red
2. Riviera blue
3. Spots classic / modegrau

Bearing in mind my interior is metropole blue and brake calipers are red

So quick question

Opinions on wrapping my turbo

Coming at this from two angles
1. A change of colour would be nice
2. I want to protect the paint

So if you can swallow the wrapping of a car what in your opinion would suit her?

Three I'm thinking of
1. Guards red
2. Riviera blue
3. Spots classic / modegrau

Bearing in mind my interior is metropole blue and brake calipers are red

I would have no problem doing it.

The grey I think is a bit wishy washy
Guards Red is nice as is the blue

If I was going to the trouble and cost I think I would go a bit further with the red and go for something a bit more vivid

Mclaren Volcano red perhaps? Looks great with black detail.

I'm thinking of doing mine in..... speed yellow, next choice would be red

Why not have some fun if your wrapping it and go martini , Gulf or Rothmans livery. protect the paint , looks cool, creates interest, and no one will be studying the wrap for floors or defects in it. :thumb: :thumb:

You don't get wraps in Porsche colours so to speak, go to whoever you chose to wrap it and go through the swatch book of vinyls, they have different types and qualities etc and look at a bigger piece on your car if they have stock of your chosen colour. There are some great vinyls out there so see what will suit the car and what's available before making a decision.

You can download some colourcharts here http://www.apmcustoms.co.uk/colour-change/

Just been to the isle of a man for the TT on my bike with the lads, and saw a stunning 911 in a gulf wrap, which was a real head-turner.

thanks for the replies, would love to go gulf or martini, but just not sure that they suit the 996, dont know why.

Riviera, without a doubt, but I would say that :)

I just got my 996 re-sprayed, almost immediately got a big stone chip on the front bumper. I'm now debating getting a film on the bumper, or wrapping it.

the roads around here at the moment are bad, and stone chips etc are one of the reasons i am still considering this

someone else has said to me to forget it altogether though as removing it can do a lot of damage

Someone should post a pic of that Cayman in the race-inspired wrap that looked like it had just finished LeMans. That car looks epic, and if I had a spare grand then it's what I would do with my 996.

I've been contemplating doing my silver C4S. Riviera Blue for me :thumb:

Martin996RSR said:
Someone should post a pic of that Cayman in the race-inspired wrap that looked like it had just finished LeMans. That car looks epic, and if I had a spare grand then it's what I would do with my 996.

Do you mean this one?

pic host

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back