Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic car policy on a daily?

pierrebear

Nurburgring
Hi all

Bit of a niche query here so bear with me here...I daily drive my 993 and currently have it on a standard 'market value' type policy.

My insurers have said that they'll only cover the car for a couple more years (up to 27 years old) on a fully comprehensive basis. Equally they won't let me put the car on to a classic policy with an agreed value because it's not garaged, is my main car and mileage (9k per year).

Anyone got any pointers on who might be able to help me with a better policy? To complicate matters, I live in Jersey which isn't covered by all insurers.

Thanks,

Pierre

Not sure about the Jersey thing but I've just moved all my policies to A-Plan which include some garages / some not garaged, a couple of my friends have now moved to them too.

I'm guessing you may find the required mileage a little too high however this guy is very knowledgeable and prices were very competitive.

You need to speak with Christian from A-Plan at the Thatcham branch on 01635 874646"¬

Worth giving him a call, ask for him and say that 'Jim with the Lotus' recommended him for competitive prices.

Ive got no affiliation with them.

You Definately need an agreed value policy, current market value is based on the glasses guide which is well out for these sorts of cars, just ask them what they believe the current market value is. They probably won't be able to tell you immediately but they will be able to find out. You will probably be shocked.

The valuation is all important as it defines them repair limit before the car is written off. With a 993 this probably won't be a problem as even the low figure of Glasses's will give a big enough number to make repairable repairs viable.

It's when it's really bent or burnt and the only option is a payout that a proper valuation is worth every penny.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back