Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just bought my first Porsche

Nipper620

After a number of months searching the classifieds I've finally taken the plunge.

I have a 2002 996 cabriolet C4s in blue/silver with grey leather, 54000 miles, I'm missing the handbook so it's good fun hitting google to find out what does what which is how I found this site.

I've booked in to have a new headliner and hood fitted as this is showing it's age, I have also ordered a leather dye kit to reduce the door cards as these has water stains which won't come out. Lots of small tlc items to attend to to get the car where I want it.

If people are interested I will keep this thread updated with the progress.

Attachments

• 11a77039_2410_4c20_acd7_5c26fdc3aece_151.jpeg
    11a77039_2410_4c20_acd7_5c26fdc3aece_151.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 6,348
Hi welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase especially with a cab 4s but I might be biased. You should definitely keep the thread going we all love a good progress thread :thumb:

Hi congrats. Smart car. It's not a C4S though. More like C4 with the Tiptronic S box which some people wrongly call a C4S.

As long as you didn't pay C4S money for it. :eek: :D

Enjoy though. Nothing like that feeling of achieving your first 911. :thumb:

Colour is Polar Silver. Nicer than Arctic Silver. Looks great with a blue roof. :wink: That's what I'd go for.

Congratulations on your purchase, and to Porsche ownership, and welcome to 911uk.

I think folk around here will be disappointed if you don't keep your thread updated with your intended progress.
:thumb:

Congrats and welcome.

The owners manual is about £25 from Porsche. I had to buy one. I found a USA version on line and have it in iBooks. I can send you a copy or a link to down load. Send me a PM if you want it.

First page to read is how to gain access if your battery goes dead :wink:

Best of luck with it - there is plenty of help and knowledge here.

Welcome along.
This place is the number one information resource for a 996. :thumb:

Also - the parts catalogue is available in the FAQ section I think, and a link to a workshop manual

Polar Silver cab with blue roof oh yes!!
(But I also may be a tad biased)
Welcome and enjoy!!

Marky911 said:
Hi congrats. Smart car. It's not a C4S though. More like C4 with the Tiptronic S box which some people wrongly call a C4S.

As long as you didn't pay C4S money for it. :eek: :D

Enjoy though. Nothing like that feeling of achieving your first 911. :thumb:

Colour is Polar Silver. Nicer than Arctic Silver. Looks great with a blue roof. :wink: That's what I'd go for.

Oh I can see I'm going to have to brush up on my knowledge lol. Yes it's a C4 tiptronic

Many thanks for the kind replies will definitely keep you all updated.

welcome Nipper, have a look at the meets section and get along to one of the gathering local to you wherever that may be :thumb: :thumb:

:welcome:

What you had before :dont know:

Where are you based :dont know:

What is your inside leg measurement :dont know:

And what is your favourite corn snack :grin:

HSC911 said:
:welcome:

What you had before :dont know:

Where are you based :dont know:

What is your inside leg measurement :dont know:

And what is your favourite corn snack :grin:

Mostly BM's and Lotuses but last car Ford Focus ST,

Based in Norwich, any meets this way ?

32 ' lol
Don't do Crisps. Give me wine gums anyday

Nipper620 said:
Don't do Crisps. Give me wine gums anyday

:eek:

Have you heard of Pistonheads :dont know:

Might suit you more I think :nooo:

Wine gums :eh!:

:grin:

Welcome Nipper, I saw Polar next to Arctic the other day, Polar is way superior!

Your car looks stunning. :cool:

There's a TIPEC group in Peterborough, not that close. Google TIPEC and PCGB to find local meets.

Jelly babies for the win btw :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back