Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone looking for a 996 heads up on this rip off

Phil 997

Le Mans
This car was for sale over the past week on ebay for 24k ono, within 24hrs of it selling this joker has it up for 34k on auto trader .whether or whether not its worth that is irelevent, I WOULDNT want to see a forum member fleesed. hence my post .If you like it and want it thats fine but at least your going in armed with facts .

Attachments

• s_l1600_844.jpg
    s_l1600_844.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,001
There was a very similar car doing the rounds about a year ago, I can only remember it as each wheel has 1 spoke colour matched to the body & everyones OCD was kicking in about how they would park it

Jonny996 said:
There was a very similar car doing the rounds about a year ago, I can only remember it as each wheel has 1 spoke colour matched to the body & everyones OCD was kicking in about how they would park it

:floor: :floor: my OCD would kick off at that as well :grin: :grin:

Nice of you to post this, Phil. :thumb:

Although I would hope that anyone on this forum would see that it was barely worth £24K, let alone £34K :D

I didn't realise that it was a different seller :wack:

I thought the same guy had just upped the price :oops:

If he gets £34k for that car then he deserves it :grin:

:thumb:

I must admit I don't really get what the problem is?

How is whether it's worth it or not irrelevant? So what if he's bought it and is trying to sell it on at a profit? if someone likes it and is happy to spend the money on it I don't really see how that's a rip off or fleecing someone?

Ultimately the true value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it....... but I don't think you have to worry about a forum member paying that for that!

Always kind of interesting to see how some cars move about/change hands though
- that's a pretty recognisable car to try and bump back on to the next guy for an extra £xk!!! :eek:

Good spot Phil :thumb:

I made some enquiries about this car when it was available for £24k. The answer to my question regarding the service history was "There are loads of stamps in the book" and when pressed on the new tyres, it turns out they're budget ditch finders...I soon lost interest, it was too much like hard work.

£34k :floor: Good luck with that!

Robert SausageTrousers said:
So what if he's bought it and is trying to sell it on at a profit?

Agree, good luck to the chap :thumbs:

From what I understood from Phil's post, he was just trying to save a fellow forum member £10k.

Phil 997 said:
whether or whether not its worth that is irelevent, I WOULDNT want to see a forum member fleesed. hence my post .If you like it and want it thats fine but at least your going in armed with facts .

Money makes the world go round :thumb:

'Budget Ditch finders' has to be the best phrase, made me laugh :D

HSC911 said:
So what if he's bought it and is trying to sell it on at a profit?

Agree, good luck to the chap :thumbs:

From what I understood from Phil's post, he was just trying to save a fellow forum member £10k.

Phil 997 said:
whether or whether not its worth that is irelevent, I WOULDNT want to see a forum member fleesed. hence my post .If you like it and want it thats fine but at least your going in armed with facts .

Money makes the world go round :thumb:

As Jin says, If you like it and want to pay 34k for it then fine its your dough.but how gutted would you feel if you came on here as a member to then be told that only a week earlier it had sold for under 24k and you didnt know as it hadnt been flagged on here, thats what my post was intended to avoid if poss. We are not talking about someone trying to make a couple of grand after buying and enjoying a car for 6/12 months or so , we are talking about a deliberate attempt to make 30% profit from an unsuspecting person without even spending a penny on improvements and thats not acceptable in my book, and thats why I wanted to make fellow members fully aware, as thats what we do on this forum we look after each other the best we can .
what they then do is up to them.

Robert Sausage, I do have some wheels in the garage I paid 1k for them they are yours for 8k let me know when you want to collect them mate as you seem happy to pay over the odds for things and wouldnt think I was ripping you off or fleecing you :floor: :floor:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I've successfully been in business for over 20 years so although I have no problem with people making profit, I'm also not in the habit of paying over the odds for anything myself :thumb:

Good luck to the guy as far as I'm concerned :thumb:

I've successfully been in business for over 20 years so although I have no problem with people making profit, I'm also not in the habit of paying over the odds for anything myself :thumb:

Good luck to the guy as far as I'm concerned :thumb:

Me too mate had my own company for 20 years and its important to make a profit , not sure in my industry sector 30% margins would work :grin: :grin: Nothing wrong with being a chancer but not at the expence of anyone I know :thumb: but I am glad your wishing him good luck he will need all the luck he can get at 34k :grin: :grin:
And if he gets it thats fine and if someone wants to pay that for it again its fine it may be exactily their dream and for that they are happy to pay a premium. and also if a forum member see it like it and is happy to pay that, again fine but hopefully they will do it knowing the facts and wont be shocked or dissapointed finding out later that the seller had a 30% mark up on the car and that he wasnt an owner enthusiast but just a opportunist flipper for profit. If they go in knowing that and still want it thats their call and I wont feel bad as they brought it with their eyes open . :thumb: :thumb:
You are fully entitled to your views I respect we all have differing views on things, and like you dont like being fleeced ,but I also dont like seeing other forum members potentially being fleeced hence my post . :thumb:

Well said both
grouphug.gif

HSC911 said:
Well said both
grouphug.gif

:friends:

:grin: :grin: now on with the important things in life .its the weekend, where's my beer and let's get the barbie on :grin: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back