Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bicycle rack or C4S for sale

shalz

Trainee
hi all,

so long time lurker, don't post but regularly enjoy reading everyone else's threads

in a bit of a dilemna due to change in family circumstances...

either need to find a bike rack quick for a C4S or else the car needs to go to a good home (advert may go up soon)

other than going to an OPC for a brand new setup, does anyone have one they don't need or know better options? it'll be two mountain or hybrid bikes

Thanks Phil. That's the same cost as buying new from OPC or Design911.

I forgot to mention, I also need the roof rack system as well as the bike holders.

I have a sinking feeling the C4S is going to be up for sale though as SWMBO has been making noises about changing the car.....

Apparently it's not practical as the sole family car ....

Genuine one is nice but you'll need to add to the roof bars for the above too.

I'd go for Seasuckers I think depending on how much the above plus rails came to. Can keep Seasuckers for any car. :thumb:

Thanks both.

I'll check the seasuckers out but if I recall you need to remove the front wheel which may not work for us.

Yes, really sad as it's been a dream car and the way prices are going, not sure I'll be able to get back into one when the time comes... It's hard to explain the attachment but I'm sure those on this forum know

So yes, if you know anyone looking for a C4S in great condition and unusual (bit super) colour combo, watch this space

Yes front wheel off to load bike into rack. Front wheel easily fits in car though.

How often do you transport a bike?
A bike fits in the cabin no problem with wheels off. If you have other people needing to share the cabin with you then use the practical car that day and leave the 996 at home.

I wouldn't get rid of a car I liked due to needing to carry a bike, which it can do anyway. Or is this a thinly veiled for sale thread? :D

Marky911 said:
A bike fits in the cabin no problem with wheels off. If you have other people needing to share the cabin with you then use the practical car that day and leave the 996 at home.

It's our only car and we don't need 2 so I can't justify keeping both. We may have a new member on the way so cabin needs to fit more than me :p

The bike is a secondary issue and not the deal breaker (I can solve the additional seat needs easily), but part of me proving we can fit everyone and everything when need be.

I'm trying to use man logic lol - need collective help against the boss

shalz said:
Marky911 said:

It's our only car and we don't need 2 so I can't justify keeping both. We may have a new member on the way so cabin needs to fit more than me :p

The bike is a secondary issue and not the deal breaker (I can solve the additional seat needs easily), but part of me proving we can fit everyone and everything when need be.

I'm trying to use man logic lol - need collective help against the boss

your getting a new member :grin: how does the wife feel about the GF moving in :floor: :floor: :floor:

shalz said:
Thanks Phil. That's the same cost as buying new from OPC or Design911.

I forgot to mention, I also need the roof rack system as well as the bike holders.

I have a sinking feeling the C4S is going to be up for sale though as SWMBO has been making noises about changing the car.....

Apparently it's not practical as the sole family car ....

Have you considered changing the wife and keeping the car? Just a suggestion.

Ha fair do's. :grin:

Unfortunately after seeing what my brother carts around for my little nieces, then you're doomed. It would be a nightmare in a 911 and you'd end up scratching the outside or inside with buggies etc.

They aren't rocketing in value so you'll get back into one, one day. It still sucks seeing your pride and joy drive away when you sell it though.

Good luck with the sale. You'll be back in due course and all the best for mini-Shalz. :thumb:

Can you sleep in a 996? That's all I will have left if I keep listening to you lot

Thanks Marky

Yes it's ridiculous how much you need to carry around with you.

My golf kit currently gets wrapped in soft towels when loading, don't think I'll get away doing the same

Seriously, have you considered buying a second car? You will be surprised at what you can get for less than £1k. Then you wont be bothered about mileage, car park damage, kids wrecking it, going to the dump etc.

You'll make you money back in appreciation on the Porsche in no time.

shalz said:
Can you sleep in a 996? That's all I will have left if I keep listening to you lot

:floor: :floor: :floor: seems you can mate :grin:

Attachments

• b0ef89646eec6232e5e50bc6ca60514f_119.jpg
    b0ef89646eec6232e5e50bc6ca60514f_119.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,080

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back