Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C2 S with LSD

jaw62

can it be explained why the 997.1 c2 S 2005 i am about to purchase has LSD 20mm lowered and no PASM button, for and against as i am no track driver.

Sounds like the sports chassis option. If you like the way it feels then it's fine.

Hope this helps mate
From the brochure...

"Sports suspension. Featuring a lowered ride height and stiffened setup, the sports suspension package is available
as an extra-cost option on the 911 Carrera and Carrera 4 Coupé models. It is also offered as a nocost option for
the 911 Carrera S and 4S Coupé. Designed for total sports performance, it is a valuable addition for racing or
trackday use. The package comprises firmer and lower springs (20 mm lower than the standard 911 Carrera, 10 mm lower
than the PASM-equipped 911 Carrera S), new anti-roll bars with greater torsional strength, and firmer damper settings.
It also includes a mechanically locking rear differential offering increased traction on poor road surfaces or under
rapid acceleration, e.g., when exiting a low-speed bend. Please note that this option cannot be combined with
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and is only available in conjunction with a six-speed manual gearbox
and 19-inch wheels."

Phil 997 said:
Hope this helps mate
From the brochure...

"Sports suspension. Featuring a lowered ride height and stiffened setup, the sports suspension package is available
as an extra-cost option on the 911 Carrera and Carrera 4 Coupé models. It is also offered as a nocost option for
the 911 Carrera S and 4S Coupé. Designed for total sports performance, it is a valuable addition for racing or
trackday use. The package comprises firmer and lower springs (20 mm lower than the standard 911 Carrera, 10 mm lower
than the PASM-equipped 911 Carrera S), new anti-roll bars with greater torsional strength, and firmer damper settings.
It also includes a mechanically locking rear differential offering increased traction on poor road surfaces or under
rapid acceleration, e.g., when exiting a low-speed bend. Please note that this option cannot be combined with
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and is only available in conjunction with a six-speed manual gearbox
and 19-inch wheels."

For a no cost option I would have but their arm off if I was the original purchaser.

:thumbs:

RXP. said:
Phil 997 said:
Hope this helps mate
From the brochure...

and 19-inch wheels."

For a no cost option I would have but their arm off if I was the original purchaser.

:thumbs:

LOL but remember the first owner of these cars was a fat suit not an enthusiast :floor: :floor: :floor:

very true,

besides PASM is good tech especially now coupled with the DSC box it stands to offer good value with excellent reviews.

RXP. said:
very true,

besides PASM is good tech especially now coupled with the DSC box it stands to offer good value with excellent reviews.

the DSC pasm upgrade module really is good kit it totally transformed the ride of mine , I spend almost all my time in sport mode now :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Hope this helps mate
From the brochure...

and 19-inch wheels."

Does that mean my PASM equipped car cannot have LSD?
Mine is a 997.2 Carrera S

MAZI said:
Phil 997 said:
Hope this helps mate
From the brochure...

and 19-inch wheels."

Does that mean my PASM equipped car cannot have LSD?
Mine is a 997.2 Carrera S

yes mate it seems so from this statement from the brochure :thumb:

That information is for Gen 1 and does not apply to Gen 2.

Gen 2 AWD cars have locking diff as a standard feature. It's a cost option on the others.

Sports chassis Gen 2 cars have PASM and the locking diff. This is only a no cost option on the C4S and a cost option on the rest.

Magic919 said:
That information is for Gen 1 and does not apply to Gen 2.

Gen 2 AWD cars have locking diff as a standard feature. It's a cost option on the others.

Sports chassis Gen 2 cars have PASM and the locking diff. This is only a no cost option on the C4S and a cost option on the rest.

Thats good to know and Mazi will be relieved to hear that :grin: and worth noting for future ref. :thumb: :thumb:

Whilst you might like the LSD

you won't like the 20mm suspension after a long drive,

Very stiff, hence why you rarely see it.

the Sport PASM 20mm lowered on a gen 2 car is far more forgiving

I ve known customers not buy a car because it had it.

My car was supplied with the sports chassis.
Comments around ride are correct, it is a bit on the stiff side for around town and over crappy surfaces, but nailing it through twisties, it's bloody great! 😄

Mine has it too.

Not quite sure how an lsd works with 4wd but there you go.

As probably mentioned, it was a no cost option / replacement fot Pasm.

Mine is a daily. Its firm, but not terrible. Its not ideal if you're planning on touring Europe, but its not awful. Its just a bit hardcore for a daily..

I have the sports suspension fitted to my 997.1 and find it firm but similar to the ride on my previous fiesta ST and way better than on a previous twingo cup. Perfectly happy to do long journeys. The tyre noise is much more annoying

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back