Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Refurb cost for 997 Carrera sport wheels ?

Nik

Sao Paulo
Hi all,

I need to refurb my 997.2 Carrera sport wheels. Anyone had this done recently and have a rough idea of cost ? Are they diamond cut or polished ?

For the avoidance of doubt, here is a pic of the wheel style:

Attachments

• 8406a511_6fac_4b71_942c_75d926ca327c_486.jpeg
    8406a511_6fac_4b71_942c_75d926ca327c_486.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 4,895
Nik,
Got some terrible news for you mate. Those wheels can't be returned to new, so they're only worth scrap value. I'll take them off your hands as I want to make a wall ornament.......yes wall ornament, that will do. :grin:
In all seriousness, speak to Excel Wheels and expect £200 per wheel. That will include a loan set of wheels along with them collecting them from you to keep you on the road. I've heard of cheaper but he seems to be the gold standard in here.

Chris at Exel wheels did mine a few weeks ago. I cannot recommend him enough. He evens comes to your house and puts on loan wheels whilst they're away being done.

Loan wheels, wasn't sure about lobsters but after seeing these on, especially in this colour they could be tempting as winter wheels.

Close up of the finished wheel, hope I can keep them like this.

Just to add to this, the prices aren't quite that high, and mine wire diamond cut on the rims.

I really would never go anywhere else.

Originally diamond cut, though many by now will have a painted finish on the outer rim. Have a chat to Exel, he will explain how the wheels can be finished and how this ultimately affects the future integrity of the wheel. By this, I mean that each time you have the wheels cut, you 'lose a life' of the alloy.

The photos above show my outers in a diamond cut finish.

:thumb: + another recommendation for Chris, he did my old 996 C4S wheels.

Have a natter with him for costs but they're not as high as stated above.

I'll be contacting him at some point to refurb my Carrera Sport wheels also :D

I went direct to Lepsons to have mine done as I had no need for loan wheels. They did a great job and fitted some new tyres I sourced elsewhere. And then dropped them back to my home.

I have the same wheels on my C4S. They do tend to pick up stone chips on the outer curve of the spokes. Mine only have a couple of small chips.

Does any body know if they ever come with colour coded to the body colour on the spokes. Just thinking of options when I come to having them refurbed at a later date. My car is Atlas grey and I think they would look better in that colour with the silver outer rim. Than the two tone silver colour.

weebz said:
:thumb: + another recommendation for Chris, he did my old 996 C4S wheels.

Have a natter with him for costs but they're not as high as stated above.

I'll be contacting him at some point to refurb my Carrera Sport wheels also :D

+1 for Chris @ Exel :thumb:

His knowledge of Porsche and attention to detail is amazing and well worth the wait!

I have the same wheels on my C4S. They do tend to pick up stone chips on the outer curve of the spokes. Mine only have a couple of small chips.

Does any body know if they ever come with colour coded to the body colour on the spokes. Just thinking of options when I come to having them refurbed at a later date. My car is Atlas grey and I think they would look better in that colour with the silver outer rim. Than the two tone silver colour.

Thanks for all the replies. I've contacted Chris who has done some wheels for me previously. :thumb:

I'm just about to get my alloys done and expecting to pay £65/corner. That's tyres removed, totally stripped, powder coated, balanced and back on the car.

Best lads in the NW of England: http://www.diamondrimsltd.co.uk/

£200 a wheel is way too expensive.

Ive recently used Alloy Wheel Doctor and was very impressed. £50 a corner for a mobile service with the tyre staying on. Or £75 a corner for a proper tyre off job.

https://www.alloywheeldoctor.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back