Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alloy + Carbon Wiper delete Plug - Which one!?!

C4-STORM

Hockenheim
Flat, Domed or Trapezoid?

I ordered a flat one last night :?:

Anyone else got one fitted - any pics? :thumb:

I went for a plastic slightly domed one. They make a big difference to the look of the rear.

I don't miss the wiper at all.

Going to do this to mine, do you remove the rear wiper motor from inside the car?

Anywhere apart from the Greek seller on ebay have the plugs?

I bought mine from the Greek chap on eBay, let him know what colour you want before ordering and he'll paint them for you if he doesn't have the right colour in stock. He had to paint mine for me and it still arrived within a week, can't fault him.

Easy to fit, the wiper motor is removed from inside the car. Unbolt the wiper itself, pull the trim out inside the car below the rear window and unbolt the motor and slip it out. You need to be slightly double jointed to bolt the plug in place, it only took a luddite like me 15 minutes to do and that included drinking tea :D

Cheers guys.

Fastbug, which style plug did you opt for?

The one I have ordered is from Greece/same company?

Are you chaps using something like Rain-X once you've deleted the wiper?

JS1500 said:

That's a good idea!

I went for a colour coded flat one from Greece, very please with quality and easy to fit.

C4-STORM said:
Cheers guys.

Fastbug, which style plug did you opt for?

The one I have ordered is from Greece/same company?

I went for a doomed one

JS1500 said:

I haven't put anything on my rear window. It lives in the garage, and when you're driving along the water gets cleared off the rear window with the airflow. I've not found it too hard when I've been parked up and need to reverse, not yet any way!

My car never came with the wiper and tbh never thought I needed it. I wash the car, polish the glass and then apply rainx. It's interesting watching the way the air channels the water towards the middle of the screen..

I was planning on having the body shop fill the hole in mine and paint it.

MC

I fitted a dombed one. Painted in colour of choice . Rear window just has polish on it, once over 25mph airflow clears any water from screen.

I hate the rear wiper and think it spoils the rear of the car so I bought a domed plug - however I started to get a little paranoid thinking water may get in! So the cars been in the bodyshop having the hole filled and sprayed. I've got a few other bits to tidy up with the paint work so its getting most of the rear re sprayed 'while its there'.

Already taken the wiper arm off prior to deciding/ordering the plug blank and to be honest I am compelled to blank it off as the rear end looks so much cleaner and nicer.

Plenty of fair weather driving, kept garaged, weight reduction ( :? ), not my daily, cleaner lines, reverse parking aid ( :D )...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back