Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres Recommendation..----------

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi. I know this is probably done to death but I'm in need of a set of tyres for my 997. Can I ask what tyres are recommended for all rounder and where can I get them at a good price?

Cheers

J

Having bought cheap on my 996 Turbo, and Michelins (PS2) on my 997, I'd only ever buy the latter again. These are high performance cars and they deserve decent rubber.

Plus, they seem to last longer too and so defeat the object of buying cheap!

My vote is for Michelins as well ,great tyres and low road noise . I have tried MPSS and PS2 .

Phil 997 said:
My vote is for Michelins as well ,great tyres and low road noise . I have tried MPSS and PS2 .

I got 38000 miles out of a set of MPSS on my M135i. :eek:

hedgehogsdad said:
Phil 997 said:

I got 38000 miles out of a set of MPSS on my M135i. :eek:

Agreed some say they are a softer rubber to help with low road noise and dont last as well as others but I am the same as you I really find they last as well as any others and the grip is good in wet as well :thumb:

Ive currently got a set of the MPS4S on my turbo. 12 months and 15000 miles and they are barely even half worn. Grip is staggering, even Centre Gravity commented on how well they handled.

I am going to try Michelin MPS4S when I next need tyres.

Everyone on here loves them.

-- 997 -- said:
Hi. I know this is probably done to death but I'm in need of a set of tyres for my 997. Can I ask what tyres are recommended for all rounder and where can I get them at a good price?

Cheers

J

Best all around tyres for 997 are PS2 N2.

Avoid PSS.

Hi so Michelin PS2 N2 tyres are the way to go then?

Where would the best cheapest place to buy them?

Unless any other tyres are recommended?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

Various outlets will stock them, some may periodically do deals.
Have a search around the web for what would suit you best. Some offer fitting, some sell the tyres only leaving you to source a fitter. Try your nearest OPC's, they may price match good deals.

-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

some have got good deals from Black circle ,I often see them mentioned on here.

Had Pirelli's before which were like bricks, now have a new set of Michelin MPS4S. Very happy, softer, lots of grip and quieter. £850 (305's) for the set plus fitting. I don't understand why you'd go for N rated tyres when out of warranty? :dont know:

On a slight tangent.

For cars with porsche warranty does the N number have to match all round e.g. N2 or can you have N1 on the front and say N2 on the back.

My 997.2 has pirelli tyres all round but would like to change to michelin, do I need to change all 4 tyres at once or can I wait until the tyres are worn out and change one axle at a time?

I am sure there are good reasons for not running different brand front and back but is the warranty one of them?

Thanks
Pete

Gottans said:
On a slight tangent.

For cars with porsche warranty does the N number have to match all round e.g. N2 or can you have N1 on the front and say N2 on the back.

My 997.2 has pirelli tyres all round but would like to change to michelin, do I need to change all 4 tyres at once or can I wait until the tyres are worn out and change one axle at a time?

I am sure there are good reasons for not running different brand front and back but is the warranty one of them?

Thanks
Pete

I'd buy a set and put the other two on ebay.

Gottans said:
On a slight tangent.

Thanks
Pete

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=53470

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back