Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Plus retrofit

DerbyJim

Imola
My friend is about to pull the trigger on a Boxster 718 and is in discussions about Sports Plus retrofit.

He's been told the dealer (OPC) can't do this as in the 718 the Sports Plus is a wheel mounted switch.

I don't this....? Not sure of the argument and it's a console mounted button but are there any other complications? Obv won't have the sports chrono clock but he hasn't asked for that.

He's getting PSE retro fitted too :thumb:

Jim,It might as they say not be possible or not been made available yet as the 718 also has Individual as well as Sport and sport plus on the wheel control. so there seem to be three settings .

Seems even Cobb dont do an accessport for the 718 yet so he cant even have that option to set his own maps .

Phil 997 said:
Jim,It might as they say not be possible or not been made available yet as the 718 also has Individual as well as Sport and sport plus on the wheel control. so there seem to be three settings .

Seems even Cobb dont do an accessport for the 718 yet so he cant even have that option to set his own maps .

Hi Phil

Not quite sure I understood the first paragraph (sorry!).... could you expand?

There are plenty of 718s out there with the button in the middle so why couldn't it be added there (on the centre console) rather than the wheel?

Edit: it's purely a remap rather than any additional kit, correct?

Jim, the sport option on the 718 gives you several modes sport,sport plus and individual where you can program suspension ,exhaust, gearshift map etc to your taste so you would need 3 buttons I guess. Perhaps someone who owns a 718 with this option can confirm.

I had sport plus on the loan car and loved it but I never programmed the individual mode.

edge said:
Jim, the sport option on the 718 gives you several modes sport,sport plus and individual where you can program suspension ,exhaust, gearshift map etc to your taste so you would need 3 buttons I guess. Perhaps someone who owns a 718 with this option can confirm.

Ah right, understood. Never knew about Individual mode!

The car already has Sport mode, so I thought it would be an option of just adding Sport Plus - like on the 997, 991 and other cars.

I find Sport a little slow at times and the the Sport Plus absolutely manic so did advise him that he wanted that, if only for 5% use on the road (he lives within decent country roads) and use on track too.

Ah thanks Edge , thats a better explanation than mine :thumb:
Jim where is his sport button located and is it manual or PDK

Phil 997 said:

It's on the Centre console Phil, and it's a PDK

His budget is 45k now as he's found a nice one that he likes but the OPC isn't coming down by much at all. Having PSE and the Sports Plus could be the deal breaker.

45k is a lot of dough, I'd be looking at a few more pennies for a nice 911, save a few pennies for an older 981 or similar pennies for a very nice Elise Cup or Exige..... :?:

DerbyJim said:
Phil 997 said:

It's on the Centre console Phil, and it's a PDK

His budget is 45k now as he's found a nice one that he likes but the OPC isn't coming down by much at all. Having PSE and the Sports Plus could be the deal breaker.

45k is a lot of dough, I'd be looking at a few more pennies for a nice 911, save a few pennies for an older 981 or similar pennies for a very nice Elise Cup or Exige..... :?:

If its on the centre console and not on the steering wheel then I am not sure why they cant retro fit it without the indavidual mode , but having done some digging I cant see any retro fit options avail from the usual places for the 718 or the 991.2 so maybe its just too early and the options are not released yet.
45k is a good budget and a lot to spend to not have some of your wants boxes ticked. Hope he finds the right car with the right spec if it ends up a deal breaker mate ,I am with you and would be looking at a slightly older car thats had some of the depreciation pain already taken out of it. :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back