Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HVAC unit console switches / stickers?

Stimpy

Tidying the interior up. My vac unit has a button / switch to the left hand side of the temperature knob with just a white blob on the front there clearly there used to be a symbol - i think it may be the rapid demise switch?.

Anyone know any where one can get maybe a decal to stick on or is it buy a new switch which is probably impossible!!..

Thanks..

Most CCU switches are available from Porsche, but I would advise to be well seated when you hear the price, they cost about 140 Euro/pcs.
Changing the switches is a bit fiddly, and the front panel plexiglass frame often cracks when taking out the switch. This frame is essential for the mechanical construction of the CCU front piece.
A polish company offer a CCU switch refurb service, but I would not recommend this at all. I sent some switches to them, and the quality and result is sadly under par.
I have yet to see any stickers available, but I have plans to offer this. Such stickers must have a transparent logo.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
Most CCU switches are available from Porsche, but I would advise to be well seated when you hear the price, they cost about 140 Euro/pcs.
Changing the switches is a bit fiddly, and the front panel plexiglass frame often cracks when taking out the switch. This frame is essential for the mechanical construction of the CCU front piece.
A polish company offer a CCU switch refurb service, but I would not recommend this at all. I sent some switches to them, and the quality and result is sadly under par.
I have yet to see any stickers available, but I have plans to offer this. Such stickers must have a transparent logo.
Cheers,
Tore

Thanks Tore,

I did check your site previously hoping you may offer these stickers... Get them printed!!! :thumbs:

Personally I avoid the rapid demise switch altogether :grin:

wildatheart said:
Personally I avoid the rapid demise switch altogether :grin:

Haha.. Hadn't noticed that! Think i'll leave it as is :thumbs: Probably more appropriate!

ToreB said:
Cheers,
Tore

My recirculating switch has gone kaputt. You cannot push it anymore. It is as if it was stuck in all the time.

@Tore - so the only option is to get ripped off by Porsche to the tune of €140? No other options?

When looking at the switch, the plexiglass frame thing did indeed snap into pieces. What do I do now? Can this be replaced? What do you mean, it is important for the construction of the front piece? Help!!!

For such a complicated unit, the CCU is so plasticky when you take it apart. With the age of them now all of the plastics are now so fragile.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back