Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Crank position sensor

Ocean996C4

Good morning, I wonder if someone can help?

I'm replacing the CPS on a 964 with the later 996 part and I've opted to retain the connector on the car loom and swap the plug on the component.

The original 964 item has:

Thin brown
Thick brown
Thin white
Thick white
Conductive sleeving

The 996 component has:

Thick Brown
Thin white
Thick white
Wire with no sleeve
No conductuve sleeving

Obviously only 3 terminals on the plug itself, and it's a plastic non conductive connector.

Has anyone joined these and can you share the correct connections?

Thanks

Barry

Just in case anyone else gets this, I removed the insulation on all the wires ready to solder joint them, two of the wires (thin white and thin brown) are non conductive on the original plug side, and one (thin white) is non conductive on the 996 sensor side.

Once you know this the rest is easy to work out.

Ocean996C4 said:
Just in case anyone else gets this, I removed the insulation on all the wires ready to solder joint them, two of the wires (thin white and thin brown) are non conductive on the original plug side, and one (thin white) is non conductive on the 996 sensor side.

Once you know this the rest is easy to work out.
Youmay have another option here. After replacing mine with the updated part and reluctantly cutting the loom, I was told that the 928 cps is the same, and has the original plug fitting.

When I replaced mine, I noticed the the plugs have small numbers where the wires go in (1-4) iirc. I just mirrored them and all was good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back