Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

France trip in my 993

Normski298

Not much of a blogger guys, so heres some pics from my 10 day drive in France.

In brief:

Roscoff down to Tours
Through the Auvergne and across then down through the Gorges de la Bourne including the Col de Rousset & Parc Verdon
On down to Monaco, Antibes & Cannes
Back up through the Luberon and Cevennes
Through the Gorges du Tarn
Rocamadour
Back up to Brittany

All in all 2200 miles. A fantastic trip spoilt only slightly by the mysterious exploding rear windscreen on Day 2 when in the Auvergne. Ended up with a Plexiglss screen for the rest of the holiday which held up well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vo2s9lik9tu08i/AADQJ5bka1jRMgccBem7BBA6a?dl=0

Normski298 said:

In brief:

Roscoff down to Tours
Through the Auvergne and across then down through the Gorges de la Bourne including the Col de Rousset & Parc Verdon
Rocamadour
Back up to Brittany

All in all 2200 miles. A fantastic trip spoilt only slightly by the mysterious exploding rear windscreen on Day 2 when in the Auvergne. Ended up with a Plexiglss screen for the rest of the holiday which held up well.

In my mind you are definitely "Dance Energy" legend Normski

The livin'!!

I realise

1) This is niche
2) You are unlikely to be Normski

But I still hope he has a 993

nickjonesn4 said:
Normski298 said:

In brief:

Roscoff down to Tours
Rocamadour
Back up to Brittany

The livin'!!

I realise

1) This is niche

Sorry to let you down, but I'm not DJ Normski - a longstanding nickname having the surname Norman!

The Luberon is a lovely part of the world. Did you go to Fanny Chanel's restaurant in Gordes? :grin:

Normski298 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Normski298 said:

In brief:

Roscoff down to Tours
Rocamadour
Back up to Brittany

The livin'!!

I realise

1) This is niche

Sorry to let you down, but I'm not DJ Normski - a longstanding nickname having the surname Norman!

Looks like a wonderful trip was had :thumb:

Nice photos - looks like a great trip!

Any idea what caused the rear screen to shatter? A scary prospect regardless, let alone when you're 2,200 miles away from home! :what:

ch3tman said:

Any idea what caused the rear screen to shatter? A scary prospect regardless, let alone when you're 2,200 miles away from home! :what:

It's been a very long time since ive heard of this happening, but many years ago it seemed it happened a lot ...... to this day I'm not sure that an answer was found for it.

wozy said:
ch3tman said:

It's been a very long time since ive heard of this happening, but many years ago it seemed it happened a lot ...... to this day I'm not sure that an answer was found for it.

Not a clue - was only on the 2nd day. The car was hot and we had been slowly negotiating some cobbled streets with adverse cambers in the town of Sant Saternin trying to find our accommodation. Possibly some pressure/stress as a result. Not going to worry about it now - it just added to the experience.

New Porsche windscreen next week and then a Fister Motorsports Golden rod as a treat.

alex yates said:
The Luberon is a lovely part of the world. Did you go to Fanny Chanel's restaurant in Gordes? :grin:

Where?! We did stay in Gordes - the Petit Palais Algae I think it was called - stunning place.

Watch A Good Year. If you like Luberon, you'll love the film.

alex yates said:
Watch A Good Year. If you like Luberon, you'll love the film.

Watched it many a time - good film

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back