Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key fob battery - alarm going off - help please

adamw

Portimao
Hi guys
Need some help if possible
I'm away in my car this weekend (beaulieu) and my key fob battery has decided to die.
Trouble is everyone I open the car with the key the alarm sounds and I need to start the car to switch it off.
Any ideas on a workaround until I can get a replacement battery
Cheers guys
:thumb:

It Should give you 10 seconds to open the door and get the key in the ignition .. it seems like the car after being locked with the fob is in full alarm mode .

I dont have a solution other than a cr2302 battery but just try starting the car then unlocking the passenger door and opening it , close it .. then lock the car with the key as normal.

deMort said:
It Should give you 10 seconds to open the door and get the key in the ignition .. it seems like the car after being locked with the fob is in full alarm mode .

I dont have a solution other than a cr2302 battery but just try starting the car then unlocking the passenger door and opening it , close it .. then lock the car with the key as normal.

Think it had got itself in a twist since the passenger door was locked and whilst the drivers unlocked
Seems ok to open by now since unlocking passenger from inside and re-locking.
Will sorce a battery when back !
Thanks so much for the help

deMort said:

Got home and checked spare key but seems the battery in that's also died :?:

Quick question, is the battery simple to replace (ie can I) or will the key need to be reprogrammed and therefore I'll need to take them somewhere that can do this ?

Simples to replace young man .. as long as you have finger nails !

The two halfs of the key fob are just clipped together .. if no nails then a small flat blade screw driver but nails are best .

If on the off chance it wont go back together then the rubber seal .. make it a Wiz Bit .. fit with out it :D

No Tester required.

deMort said:
Simples to replace young man .. as long as you have finger nails !

The two halfs of the key fob are just clipped together .. if no nails then a small flat blade screw driver but nails are best .

If on the off chance it wont go back together then the rubber seal .. make it a Wiz Bit .. fit with out it :D

No Tester required.

Many thanks for your help again - batteries ordered :thumb:

Hi
Batteries replaced and still no joy
Checked fuses but these seem ok too.

Any other ideas ? :?:

Thanks

Adam

Hi. Maybe worth emailing these guys. Describe your issues and see if they can help.

My key stopped doing anything at all despite a new battery. The programmed part was still ok though despite the key doing nothing. They refurbed it and sent it back wth a new casing etc. £50.

Worth a try.

There was a post a while back about doing a reset of the fobs to bring the signal sent back into line with whats expected .. its a rolling code so it can go out of range .

I cant for the life of me find it :(

If someone far better at searching could find the list of things to do to try and reset a fob then i also would appreciate it and book mark it !

I think it was a GT4 post .

The only one i remember is fitting the fob battery the wrong way around then switching it back .

If the above is no use or cant be found then your kinda stuck with haveing a new key fob coded on .

deMort said:
There was a post a while back about doing a reset of the fobs to bring the signal sent back into line with whats expected .. its a rolling code so it can go out of range .

I cant for the life of me find it :(

If someone far better at searching could find the list of things to do to try and reset a fob then i also would appreciate it and book mark it !

I think it was a GT4 post .

The only one i remember is fitting the fob battery the wrong way around then switching it back .

If the above is no use or cant be found then your kinda stuck with haveing a new key fob coded on .

Thanks

Is this the one ?:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=110233&highlight=reset+fob

Adam

Stuff me yes .. thats it .. already book marked for the future :thumb:

Try what it says in that post as other than a fault code read out just to make sure theres nothing wrong with the alarm then its a new fob or 2.

One thing i do always say these days .. check under the passenger seat for water or drinks bottles .. alarm cu is there and water causes strange faults .

EDIT ..

I think there was another post with a few more things to try as well .

Double post :oops:

Demort has covered it all above. All I'd add on about the alarm Ecu is that it's worth checking the 10 amp mini blade fuse on the side of it.

It popped on my GT3 and caused chaos. The fuse is mounted on the side of the black box under the passenger seat. It's a blue fuse.

After all the above then contact the key people I mentioned as they could save you quite a lot vs a new key from OPC, but only if certain parts of fob are salvageable. If not it's £400 at the main dealers. :eek:

Marky911 said:
Demort has covered it all above. All I'd add on about the alarm Ecu is that it's worth checking the 10 amp mini blade fuse on the side of it.

It popped on my GT3 and caused chaos. The fuse is mounted on the side of the black box under the passenger seat. It's a blue fuse.

After all the above then contact the key people I mentioned as they could save you quite a lot vs a new key from OPC, but only if certain parts of fob are salvageable. If not it's £400 at the main dealers. :eek:

Many thanks Mark, I'll also check this out along side the above suggestions (many thanks too Demort)
The repair co. you've mentioned is also very helpful :thumb:

I'm flying out on holiday for a week today so won't get to check this all for a week or so but will look when back and update this thread :thumbs: :bye:

Have a good holiday. You'll sort the car one way or another on your return.
It's just a case of working through things.

Also, just wanted to correct my above post. It's £400 for two keys. I was going off the receipt in my history from previous owner. So £200 for one if it ends up being that. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back