Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S GEN 1 Fitting GT2 rear bumper help.

andrewkite

Hi Guys.

Can anyone help with the fitting of a GT2 rear bumper on a C4s ?

I was told it was a straight fit :frustrated:

Since offering the bumper up i have 2 issues.

The first if that the exhaust comes out at a different position. I have found a company who will do a customer stainless exhaust at a reasonable price so this one is getting sorted.

My next issue is that the rear bumper side supports does not fully line up with the bumper fixings on the underside. This support also has a heatsheld fitted and inner wheel arch on my C4s. The inner wheel arch is also to shallow to fit to the edge of the GT2 bumper.

Now after ring Porsche for a replacement part to suit the GT2 bumper they were struggling due to the poor pictures on there screens. They could not tell me which parts i needed.

So can anyone help ?

Attachments

• dsc_03071_595.jpg
    dsc_03071_595.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 1,036
Andrew ,Similar issue when fitting an RS rear bumper to me C4S , the metal brace bar didnt reach the fixing in the bumper on the bottom underside lip without it touching the exhaust boxes , so we ended up drilling a new fixing hole in the underside of the bumper a few inches away from the original . re the fixings on the back of the bumper to support ,they are not there at all so the only option is to fabricate some braces struts , on the RS they dont actually suppoty the bumper just hold it so really you could live without them if the GT2 is the same. you may well need to buy GT2 rear arch liners as well .
:grin: when these [eople say "oh yes it will fit" they mean if your skilled technical guy with a ramp and a full set of tools :grin: :grin:

keep us posted on progress heres a thread on here about a GT2 build up on the 4S worth finding and reading by Isysman

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97438&highlight=gt2

drop him a PM as he seems to have hit and overcome pretty much all the issues :thumb: :thumb:

Hi Phil. Thanks for the details.

Yes I did think I could fab something upper for the lower fixings, so looking like thus is the way to go.
The only issue is my wheel arch liner is also attached to the mounting bracket so looks like it is a all in one item so unsure how to just attach the gt2 liner.

I have been searching that thread already but it's lots of ready and I thought i better get on with my build lol

I would drop Isys a PM as he may well be able to give you a shortcut to overcome things :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back