Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Grand Prix + Music Streaming

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
Evening All

So I have a Becker Grand Prix with Bluetooth phone connectivity (excellent) and an aux connection in the glove box to ye olde iPod connector. Is there a good quality adaptor available that would allow be to switch the iPod connection with a Bluetooth receiver to stream music from my phone? I'm not bothered about DAB and don't need phone connection

Thanks

Nick

Good Morning,

Quite simply yes take a look at this thread

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=91940&highlight=tune2air

I have had one of these for years. Works in my Porsche with a connection you describe and also in my BMW

Available on Amazon with another option called Bovee 1000, I think it is. Both available on Amazon.

Enjoying your thread describing your 993 updates/rebuild.

Michael

Michael Taverner said:
Nick,

I have had one of these for years. Works in my Porsche with a connection you describe and also in my BMW

Available on Amazon with another option called Bovee 1000, I think it is. Both available on Amazon.

Michael

Thanks Michael, super helpful

Michael Taverner said:
Nick,

Michael

I have a viseeo phone unit for my AMG and its brilliant. Buying now..

Edit: Bought !

You'll be pleased with that Nick. It's very slick. All track names etc displayed.

I saw your car at DTT a couple of weeks ago when collecting one of mine. Glad you're pleased. Dave is excellent :thumb:

I'm assuming there is nothing to stop me plugging one of these into a now redundant boss speaker with old skool iPod connector??

Nothing although they're expensive for that and you don't benefit from the track name displays etc. I have one that'll work for you that's redundant - if you PM me your address I'll post it to you 👍🏻

mohitos said:
Nothing although they're expensive for that and you don't benefit from the track name displays etc. I have one that'll work for you that's redundant - if you PM me your address I'll post it to you 👍🏻

:thumbs:

nickjonesn4 said:
I'm assuming there is nothing to stop me plugging one of these into a now redundant boss speaker with old skool iPod connector??

Just be careful... the bovee type connectors do work on the old bose docks but some of the cheaper Bluetooth convertors don't.... something to do with which connectors are detecting power I seem to remember.

Tune2Air arrived from ebay today, works a treat through the old type Ipod connector for my Becker Cascade. Thanks for the tip.
They ask some wild prices so be careful. :thumbs:

Endoman said:
Tune2Air arrived from ebay today, works a treat through the old type Ipod connector for my Becker Cascade. Thanks for the tip.
They ask some wild prices so be careful. :thumbs:

Bit of a stuck record with this... but I really like this forum, loads of great tips and help and minimal d*ckheads

Endoman,

Just wondered when you got the Tune2Air set up with Spotify did you get any sort of playlist. When I connect my old Ipod I get a list, but nothing with Tune2Air, maybe it is a setting I have got wrong. Any thoughts?
Michael

Not tried it with Spotify but it played the stuff on my Iphone SE eventually, took a while to link up.

Michael Taverner said:
Endoman,

Just wondered when you got the Tune2Air set up with Spotify did you get any sort of playlist. When I connect my old Ipod I get a list, but nothing with Tune2Air, maybe it is a setting I have got wrong. Any thoughts?
Michael

just displays previous and next on the head unit screen when using spotify over tune2air

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back