Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

spark plugs and coil pack recommendation

P911X50

Hi

It's annual service time for the 996tt. I like to buy my own parts and ask my Indy to fit. I've contacted Porsche for a quote for spark plugs which are £11 plus VAT each. I'm sure Porsche don't make their own spark plugs. Is anyone aware of the make they use and part no?

I might as well change the coil packs. Any ideas whether I should buy Porsche or aftermarket?

:thumbs:

Not sure on who the OE for plugs are but BERU make the original Porsche coil packs.

Seems as though you can buy the plugs for under £3 a pop (Bosch, Beru?) so probably worth buying elsewhere if Porsche are quoting £11+vat for the same item as you can buy all six for not much more than what they're quoting for 1!

Check out Mister-Auto online or some of the UK suppliers eg Design911 etc.

The coil packs have been updated a couple of times that I know of, from memory when reading about the current type updated ones you can't fit them on one of the cylinders on the turbo (possibly #5?) so have to use the older type coils on that one at least - the new coils are fatter and you have different (longer) mounting bolts which are torx instead of usual cap head/allen type.

Probably worth checking the heat shields whilst you're at it too? :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back