Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OEM Coil Packs 997.1

-- 997 --

Hi guys. Been along time since I was on here as I was hospitalised etc,

Ok as I have sure fire coilpacks in my 997.1 which has only done 500 miles with n problems etching, but am looking to put OEM in my 997. What is the brand make oem coilpacks used o the 997. The sure fire coilpacks are great and still new but am looking to keep my ignition oem.

Cheer

J

ECP sell the Beru brand which are identical to the OEM jobbies.

Personally, I would stick with the Surefire until they start giving you problems if they are that new and working so well.

Scholester said:
ECP sell the Beru brand which are identical to the OEM jobbies.

Personally, I would stick with the Surefire until they start giving you problems if they are that new and working so well.

Cheers!! The surefire are like new and totally nothing wrong with them. But I'm always with oem it's that my engine builder mentioned the surefire so I went with them etc.. I'll probably put em for sale once I've changed them.

Cheers

J

You will struggle to get money for them secondhand so just run them with the knowledge that you are happy to replace them with Beru/OEM when required.

yep Surefire have had some negative reviews recently as the Link from Iain about Robs car.

I have used Beru as they have a good rep and seem to be the same as OE :thumb:

deMort said:
Surefire coils were fitted in Robs car .. erm .. it died ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126165

Yep, as Dermot says, I had a Surefire coil pack that shorted out internally, only been on for a year! nightmare to diagnose, only did so with Dermot's help!

Ok after reading all comments, well SOD that I don't need any problems, I'm ordering BERU coilpacks!! And the surefires are only 1300 miles old as well.

so the euro car parts is the best place for them?

Thanks for your replies :lol:

J

Got mine from Frazerpart.
Good customer service.

Sign up with Carparts4less and you will get weekly discount codes - normally anywhere between 12 - 18%.
They are a subsidiary of ECP and prices are good.
I got my Beru Coil packs and plugs from them last year with a very large saving over OEM. You compare the Beru to the OEM removed and they are literally identical bar the discrete OEM heart-type logo. I am 99.9% sure they are one of the same unit.

Scholester said:
They are a subsidiary of ECP

I've read this a few times on here but I'm not convinced they actually are a subsidiary.

Car parts for less have a 14% off code this weekend " weekend14" makes the Gen1 beru ignition coils £30.09 each inc vat. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back