Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help, Radiators AC condensers

lenny

Trainee
Hi Guy's,
Went into the garage to fire up and bring my C4S out of winter hibernation for the summer to discover a damp patch on the garage floor..... took the front bumper off to inspect and the n/s radiator is leaking!! (when does the spending stop!?)
Anyway I am going to replace -
Both radiators
LT thermostat
AC condensers and dryer (while I'm in there)

I'm looking to buy these parts but it looks/feels like a bit of a mine field out there on ebay etc. (I only want to do this once!)
I know there are lots of threads on this subject but would like to know where to buy and what makes/retailers to avoid.
So if someone has done these jobs recently I would appreciate any info on where to buy please.
cheers.
:thumb: :thumb:

Does anyone know if 996 C2/4 and C4S radiators and condensers are the same?

cheers.

C4S is different to C2/4 .. that link shows 3 options and one is 911 Anniversary Edition only ... either way you get part numbers to check .

Try ECP or at least get a price from them .. we use them a fair bit at work .

Part numbers for the LH rad ..

01a 1 99610613151 Radiator LH
01b 1 99610613174 Radiator LH 2002 MY > | C4S
01c 1 99610613174 Radiator LH 2004 MY | valid for Special model '911 Anniversary Edition' (M095)

Thats whats available so you have one of the above :)

deMort said:

01c 1 99610613174 Radiator LH 2004 MY | valid for Special model '911 Anniversary Edition' (M095)

thanks deMort
I am going to replace both sides LH/RH and the condensers while I'm in there.
I'll try ECP tomorrow as they are only listing one for all on line....and quite expensive!!
Do you know if ECP will they use these part numbers??
:thumb:

deMort said:

thanks deMort
I am going to replace both sides LH/RH and the condensers while I'm in there.
I'll try ECP tomorrow as they are only listing one for all on line....and quite expensive!!
Do you know if ECP will they use these part numbers??

Wow the 4S is pricey compared to the narrow cars.

My usual place wants £630 inc vat and postage for lh & rh rads and condensers.
I didn't look at dryer.

That's for pattern parts though. Bought mine from there and they're fine.

I don't know how the above compares with elsewhere but this is the place anyway.

https://www.adrad.co.uk/car-radiator/catalogue.php?manu=PORSCHE&model=911&engine=&year=

PS. It also mentions a centre one but I nothing about that as my car doesn't have one.

Marky911 said:
Wow the 4S is pricey compared to the narrow cars.

My usual place wants £630 inc vat and postage for lh & rh rads and condensers.
I didn't look at dryer.

That's for pattern parts though. Bought mine from there and they're fine.

I don't know how the above compares with elsewhere but this is the place anyway.

https://www.adrad.co.uk/car-radiator/catalogue.php?manu=PORSCHE&model=911&engine=&ye

PS. It also mentions a centre one but I nothing about that as my car doesn't have one.

Thanks Marky911, I give them a call too :thumb:

Try CarParts4Less. They are the sister company of Euro and list the same items but at lower prices.

OEM parts are made be Hella Behr.

The dryers are about £15 on ebay for a genuine Hella one. Its just a simple desiccant filter after all. I just paid £41 each side posted for the condensers (pattern obviously) and bought the seals from Porsche for another £20 or so just to make sure they are a perfect fit.

Evening

I think carparts for less do a discount code at the weekends so maybe worth looking online.

deMort you seem to know everything about everything when it Porsche talk, hats off to you I know where to go when I have a question about my C4s.

PDCC4S.

Re: reply

PDCC4S said:
Evening

I think carparts for less do a discount code at the weekends so maybe worth looking online.

deMort you seem to know everything about everything when it Porsche talk, hats off to you I know where to go when I have a question about my C4s.

PDCC4S.

The downside of doing it for a living :wink:

Im no parts guy though .. but it does help knowing what you are looking for .. part lists for Porsche are a pain to understand at times .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back