Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Important check required.

deMort

Monaco
Ok thats probably got everyones attention !

Something i would like all of you to check this week ..

Look under your passengers seat , make sure there are no drink bottles under there .. seems to be a common place to find Evian water bottles.

No idea why its always Evian .. guess Porsche owners like it :)

Anyways .. a passenger will get into the seat and probably move it , this will puncture the bottle over a rather expensive control unit causeing electrical issues and often a non start .

Cost is about £500 to have it replaced.

Lets see how many of you find bottles under the seat.

Ill start the ball rolling with one found today that thankfully was intact ..

Hence this post .

Thanks for the tip... :thumb:

I checked mine and sure enough there was a full water bottle which I thought I'd left on the golf course!

Fortunately it was intact - but it could have proved to be a very expensive drink!!

John H said:

I checked mine and sure enough there was a full water bottle which I thought I'd left on the golf course!

Fortunately it was intact - but it could have proved to be a very expensive drink!!

That alone has just made my day :thumb:

Question is .. was it Evian :?:

Ok
I've just gone and checked and had 2 :eek: . One empty and one half full. Straight to the kitchen and filled them both up, put the lid on and squeezed, thankfully I can report both passed the pressure test. When I saw the empty one I started to fret, but all good.
Great piece of advice, many thanks as always :thumb:

A Thread i answered back when i was new and green this gives an example of what can happen ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111210

If we get a couple more bottles found then i think this could turn into my best post ever :D

Stupid of me to not mention this before though :oops:

I found a metal Peppa pig kanteen... my 2yr old is now happy!

deMort said:
John H said:

That alone has just made my day :thumb:

Question is .. was it Evian :?:

HaHa - no it wasn't Evian - it was even worse! It was one of six Porsche 'own label' bottles I was given at my OPC. When they asked me if I wanted a coffee I declined as I don't drink the stuff. I asked for some water and they pointed to a rack of Porsche water and said "Take as many as you want".. :)

Now that would have been ironic if it had led to the problem you describe.

Many thanks again.. :cheers:

Last night my sunglasses slipped under the passenger seat and while retrieving them I found the case that I had lost weeks back plus another pair i dont even remember owning, no empty water bottle though thank god

I bet Phil found a pair of the AIB girl's knickers :floor: :floor: :floor:

:thumb:

Luckily, I don't drink bottled water as I find it contains vastly more toxins than tap water. Unless you live in a fluoridated area which only constitutes 10% of Britain.
But that certainly seems like an expensive mistake.

Hotpot said:
Luckily, I don't drink bottled water as I find it contains vastly more toxins than tap water. Unless you live in a fluoridated area which only constitutes 10% of Britain.

Hotpot, I presume you mean NON-Fluoridated? - Fluoride IS A TOXIN!!

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/fluoride.html

To date ive found ..

Money , rotten apple core , many drinks bottles , mouldy orange , pens hair clips etc ..

Some of the worst have been .. vomit , used knickers , bag of coke .. erm .. i think and the contents of someones nose .. wipeing it under the seat is not the best idea !

Favourite one has to be the tenner down the side of the seat that you cant miss as you get into the car :)

HSC911 said:
I bet Phil found a pair of the AIB girl's knickers :floor: :floor: :floor:

:thumb:

Never ....... he would have been using them as a balaclava :floor: :hand:

TTW said:
Hotpot said:

Hotpot, I presume you mean NON-Fluoridated? - Fluoride IS A TOXIN!!

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/fluoride.html

That's what I said. Bottled water contains MORE toxins than tap water UNLESS you live in a fluoridated area inferring that You would probably be better off drinking bottled water in a fluoridated area.
Notable areas of fluoridation (which is a toxic waste) are Birmingham and Bedford.

I found a £1 coin......does this mean I can now buy a bottle of water? :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back