Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SEXY BEAST FOR 23K

Yes, a lot of goodies in there.

I would lose the wing, myself, but otherwise nice. :thumb:

How would you get it to pass an MOT?

TBH this car is the absolute opposite of my taste- I'd rather have a GT3 engine and running gear in what looks to be a bone stock C2

You could definitely get the girls in the back of that, Phil. Just tell them the scaffolding is like a jungle jim that keeps 'em safe... :grin:

I'll go halves with you. :thumb:

DrJimBone said:
You could definitely get the girls in the back of that, Phil. Just tell them the scaffolding is like a jungle jim that keeps 'em safe... :grin:

I'll go halves with you. :thumb:

vert tempting Jim :thumb: :thumb: its a good looking car :grin:

You've got the offer on the house now... you must be rollin' in it :thumbs:

DrJimBone said:
You've got the offer on the house now... you must be rollin' in it :thumbs:

:floor: :floor: but I like rolling in it ,if I spend it I wont have anything to roll in :grin: :grin:

Kids pool full of jelly and a spare Pork and you'd soon forget about it.

Wait... I just pictured that :yuk:

DrJimBone said:
Kids pool full of jelly and a spare Pork and you'd soon forget about it.

Wait... I just pictured that :yuk:

I know I like things different but a kids pool full of jelly and pulled pork is one step too far even for me :floor: :floor: :floor:

"GT3 performance without the GT3 pricetag" :grin:

Sorry, but a 3.4 (even remapped with changes to the induction and exhaust) simply isn't going to perform in any way like a GT3. There are some nice bits on it, but some puzzlers too. Why on Earth would you want to fork out for needlessly spendy 380mm disks when you only have 2 pot callipers and 300hp? That wing is going to really hurt high speed performance and range even at motorway speeds as well, and how much cornering force do you really want with a wet sump M96 without even the full set of X51 upgrades... :?:

Probably still a pretty decent car if you were buying for the look and that is your thing, but to my mind it isn't what I would do for either road or track use.

Much too blinging for my taste, but I would appreciate the bigger brakes. I find those on my C2 to be a bit poor. I'm pretty sure the ad states the car has 997 calipers as well as the larger discs, so it all probably works and pads/discs shouldn't be crazy money to replace. Way too much tyre on it for my driving style also.

I'd keep the wing though, that's a good place to leave your tea whilst you're pulling off all the stickers.

I actually like it

forgive my stupidity.....

Without an uprated brake servo, would the brake set up actually be any better than stock?

Just asking

Martin996RSR said:
I'm pretty sure the ad states the car has 997 calipers as well as the larger discs, so it all probably works and pads/discs shouldn't be crazy money to replace.

It says OE 380mm (making it 997.2 GT3) rotors... Over £1k per axle. It said 997S callipers - 4 pots designed to sweep 330mm disks. In short - they seem to have used spendy oversized disks for the purpose of little more than aesthetics. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back