Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo actuators

grbspeedster

Hockenheim
Just before went away found I have a near side broken turbo actuator rod. The offside looks like it's already been replaced so contacted Porsche for price and availability. Can get shipped in within week but at £358+vat! Porsche shop are selling a pair of piston design for £299+vat. Blurb says better than the diaphragm type. So what's the opinion from you guys anyone used the piston ones ? Are they better than standard, or any more realistic priced suppliers for the OEM ones?

Hi

I've had the same problem. I'm looking to get turbo smart actuators for £400. Apparently, they perform better and are more robust.

I cant help directly with your question, but it might be helpful to talk to a turbo refurbish company as they will understand the different types you mention.

One refurb company that has been mentioned on turbo threads is AET. There will be others. Google will likely identify them.

9e will do you a good deal on standard actuators.

I looked into getting some Forge items a while ago but have read mixed reports about them. Will go for standard items when I eventually replace them.

Quick update, took car to Dove House , Tony has a look and said he could fix. They make a rod with female thread and attach to broken rod and set up. Total charge £110+VAT. :thumb: Bizzarley had a look at my daily driver (Jaguar R Sport) and that is exactly how the jag comes from factory. Obviously use standard actuator and adapt to application.
Superb service from Tony and Simon at Dove House yet again
Thanks to all for suggestions, 9E can by the way supply at £225+VAT if anyone needs one. Dove House have repaired quite a few like this so worth bearing in mind if you are near to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back