Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ollys 997.2 C2S

OllyW

Bought my 997 about a year ago and have been lurking here ever since. There don't seem too many highly modified 911s here, in which case I'll probably be very unpopular.

It's a black manual 2009 997.2 C2S with 28k miles on the clock. Difficult decision between a 2S for sideways things and a 4S for the widebody. I wanted to go sideways.

I owned an R53 Mini Cooper S before this that ended up like so...

I've only had the 997 about a year, so nothing drastic yet but it's heading in a direction I'm enjoying.

Here's the car when I picked it up:

The first thing I did was get rid of the tractor stance. Only coilovers in stock at the time were BCs. I ordered a set and fitted them immediately. These will eventually be replaced with something more track-ready i.e. Ohlins/KW/Bilstein.

I changed the wheels for something that filled the arches a bit more. Went for a set of Avant Garde Ruger Mesh. They looked great wrapped in the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I fitted a set of Design911 Carrera GT/GT3 style fixed carbon buckets. They're very comfortable, surprisngly even on long journeys, and I think they look great.

I had the car wrapped by Vinyl Image near Leeds. I went for something close to Nardo Grey. Pretty happy with the outcome.

41624006154_b79fc99169_b.jpg

We then ran into an issue. A big issue...

28473509768_3ff2185e06_b.jpg
[/url]

Shifting between third and fourth at about 6500 rpm and it went bang. Big style. Lots of smoke. No drive at all. I pulled over, got out, couldn't see anything at all that didn't look right. Tried to turn it over and there was nothing. Had the car recovered and eventually trailered to Hartech as I wanted the most knowledgeable guys to look at it.

A few months later and I have it back. The damage was completely catastrophic. Hartech haven't seen a Gen 2 so bad before. A short motor is no longer available from Porsche, so a long motor it was. One horrendous 5-figure bill and a few months later and I have it back.

Time for my favourite bit. I've lusted after a set of these wheels for years but never thought the opportunity would come to have a car to justify putting them on, or even finding the right set to buy.

18x9 and 18x12 BBS E88. This set were originally on a 993 RSR car, have since been refurbed and are nearly like new. The look incredible on the car. Some sticky AD08Rs complete the look and it's starting to look like the track car I want it to be.

Ignore the wheel gap in the a few of the pics, the coilovers hadn't been adjusted properly.

That's pretty much where it is for now. I'll keep it updated as I go. The very next thing will be to improve the fitment of the rear wheels.

My ideal world would include GT3 rear bumper and centre exit (including more noise), GT3/RS/Cup front end, and either a ducktail or RS wing. Probably a half cage too. And a CAE shifter. And... :lol:

:eek: re the engine issue !!

The car looks good. Nice wrap. Personally I preferred the previous Ruger Mesh wheels.

T8 said:
:eek: re the engine issue !!

The car looks good. Nice wrap. Personally I preferred the previous Ruger Mesh wheels.

Each to their own!

Thefinn said:
Love the grey wrap.

So what's on the planned mod list :?:

I'm in a constant battle between spending on go faster bits or pretty bits :dont know:

I'd hope I'd be able to have a completely reliable car that I can drive across to the Nurburgring with no fear of anything going wrong, have a weekend on track and drive home again.

Some sort of camber adjustment is needed.

I'm unsure what these are like with sticky tyres on track? How does the sump cope?

In an ideal world I would love a CAE shifter and half cage but realistically they're probably further down the priority list than GT3 bumpers/RS wing.

I do have Cup flares in my loft but just can't see them on the car. It would have to be a lot further on in order for them to work. I'll maybe keep hold of them until the car looks a bit more complete before putting Cup car bits on.

Love this Olly. Look forward to seeing it develop. Sorry to hear about the engine though. All the more reason to cherish and keep it for a long time hopefully!

Looks great mate. What have you done with your original wheels?

What was the cause of the engine failure ? The wrap really suits the car.

T8 said:

+1. Looks fab :thumb:

What else have you got tucked away in the garage in the pics .....

Wow olly the car looks fantastic mate and a great write up :thumb:

Love the colour especially 8)

What went bang on the engine? Sounds very bad luck.

Seventy Seven said:
What else have you got tucked away in the garage in the pics .....

Explain young man :hand:

964 and a GT3 :dont know:

Your car looks 8)

Love LM's, E88's etc too :thumbs:

Ragpicker had a cool mini too, Phil likes modding as well, you're gonna fit in great around here mate :thumb:

Oly, by very strange coincidence, I have now brought your old ruger mesh alloys from the guy you sold them to as he thought they were too wide for his car, but will look great on my 4S , running Vertini Magics but fancied something a bit different with Winters on.

I also have a gen2 with RS wing front and rear bumpers with cargraphic centre exit race exhaust .

When you have run in the hartech rebuild what plans IPD plenum remap etc .

now tell us what the hell went bang on the gen2, my gen2 gear box is currently at Parr getting a rebuild . thought the gen2 was bullet proof :floor: :floor: well yours probably is now :thumb:

But I do like to hear modding plans so spill the ideas :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Car looks great Olly :thumb: (as does the garage content!)

With those old school rims and that colour it needs a ducktail, surely :bandit:

I normally side with the sandal wearing brigade on modding the 997, but those wheels look epic. I'd always imagined a 996.1 sat on those in gold for some reason.

GT3 rear bumper with a naughty central exhaust and a ducktail will be amazing. I'm not a fan of the front smile vent at all so I'd be looking at a sport classic or speedster look there.

Nice progress, glad you're getting it to where you want it to be.

Dare I ask what the cause of the 5 figure repair was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back