Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who on here has owned their current 993 the longest

Albionmuz

I am very late to the party, just a year and a half now. Really wish I could have afforded one when they were in the low 20s but hey ho.

So which poster has owned his 993 the longest? Plenty seem to have had more than one or used to own one but it would be interesting to know who the longest serving 993 owner is.

Anyone had one from new?

I bought my Adventura C4 in 0n 23 September 2004 which means I have owned it 13 years and 8 months.

I have driven it just over 70k miles in that time.

I traded in two Lotus Elan S2s to fund the purchase and it was destined to replace my Toyota Celica GT4.

It never did however and I ran them both for many years with the Celica eventually completing 205k miles in my ownership.

Yes, I lack imagination and spontaneity and tend to keep my cars a long time.

I suspect the C4 will go when I am in my seventh decade and I can no longer get in and out of the car with some degree of decorum.

Owned mine since June 2001 so just coming up to 17 years. Still gives me a buzz every time I turn the key and hear that unique engine sound.

Cue a certain other cab owner who I'm sure has had an even longer relationship with his car.....

2004 for mine.

Strewth, I'm just a newbie, celebrating ten years earlier this month! :thumb:

Just the 8 years. Longer than I have ever owned any car and likely longer than I'll own anything else.

July 2003 for me... and never intended to keep it this long, but can't let her go! (even despite little use) Hard to believe she was only 5 when I bought her... and I thought if she was still worth £20k after 5 years I'd be happy!

That would be me kerb scraper. :thumb:

I bought mine in Q8 on the 23.11.2000 with 21K KMs on it and 5 1/2 years old. It was owned by a Kuwaiti girl, I think it had been her 18th birthday present. Well looked after with full OPC history at the time.

I still get a smile on my face every time I get in it, love the car, 17 1/2 years in my possession, they will probably bury me with it :D

ATB :)

bought mine in 2008 with 128,000 miles on her,
bought as a daily driver/hobby,

£17,000 at the time,82,000 miles later I still grin when getting in to go to work and its not the thought of work causing the grin :roll:

cant see ever changing for somthing else.

2002 with 70k on clock part ex for my 3.2. Now 170k Had loads of TLC repaid every penny when I drive it. It all started with an MGA Twin -Cam I bought in '73. I made a profit on every car since then which lead to the 993.

I bought mine in 1983.......... ok 2013........right at the bottom of the valuation curve ie just after Zingari sold his :grin:

jonttt said:
I bought mine in 1983.......... ok 2013........right at the bottom of the valuation curve ie just after Zingari sold his :grin:

Yet somehow still made a profit on it :grin: I was wondering how long this thread but turn into a 'values' biggest profit debate :roll: 2009 was probably the low point for prices but not as low as 964 went when C2 could be picked up for as low as 8 bags.

I made a bung, happy I bailed to try something else. Might have kept it had I garage space but then to own and not drive doesn't float my coracle. Might buy another if the mood takes me as a 'project' if it crops up at a very low price. High milers are the best value because nobody will touch them. There's a polar silver (boring grey interior) 140k '94 C2 manual on eBay at 37 large. I reckon it's good value if not more saggy than great Uncle Fester's ball sac. It's too dear for most as miles puts people off - end of. I'd take a punt for mid to late 20s.

Getting rid of Ebola is easier than trying to sell a 993 private for what you think it's worth :hand: If you're never going to sell then that's not a problem :thumb:

993 turbo - bought in July 2006. nearly 12 years :thumbs: [/i]

38.5k miles then, 55k now. A bit embarrassing really.

Bought in September 2006 at 76k miles for £25k.

Now on 111k.

I only intend to keep for a couple of years at most but now I can't see me selling.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back