Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobra Misano Recliners

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
Has anyone fitted these? Looks like a big weight saving and imptoved side support plus still keeps the back usable for the kids. It also seems possible to have these made in a bespoke colour ie the chestnut to match my interior or pick up and old pair and have retrimmed.

I know he recaros are the default choice but I like the shape of these and the potential to have them matched to the interior

Any thoughts or other options worth considering?

I had a long look at these a while ago as they do seem one of the best options for keeping rear access. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though so interested to see what others have to say.

Seats are a personal choice but fairly limited if you want a reclining bucket for the narrow 993 cabin.

If going down the "buying new" route i'd say Cobra Misano or Recaro Sporster CS. Recaro having the edge for me.

C.

Attachments

• misano_891.jpg
    misano_891.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4,200
  • rs_cs_1_136.jpg
    rs_cs_1_136.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4,197
cableguy said:
Seats are a personal choice but fairly limited if you want a reclining bucket for the narrow 993 cabin.

If going down the "buying new" route i'd say Cobra Misano or Recaro Sporster CS. Recaro having the edge for me.

C.

Those Recaro's are absolutely beautiful.

I have the Recaro CS in my Defender (specifically with a lower side bolster to get in and out). They are a really comfortable seat and highly recommended. You can even get them with heating!!

They must sit pretty close at the shoulder wings in a 993!?

Looking at the again i definitely prefer the Cobras. Less fussy headrest design and can't get rid of the Audi association with the Recaros (I'm not a big Audi fan)

Have you thought about some period correct (90's) Recaro A8's. The Holy Grail of folding buckets and awesome to boot... :bandit:

C.

Attachments

• a8_169.png
    a8_169.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 4,015
cableguy said:
Have you thought about some period correct (90's) Recaro A8's. The Holy Grail of folding buckets and awesome to boot... :bandit:

C.

Hey Carl - those are awesome

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Hey Carl - those are awesome

:thumb:

Usually a set or two for sale on ebay.de. The ultimate retro folding buckets IMO.

C.

Would look awesome with Vesuvius painted backs. :bandit:

The seller in the advert do full custom colour change and upholstery work in your desired flavour.

C.

cableguy said:

The seller in the advert do full custom colour change and upholstery work in your desired flavour.

C.

Get thee behind me Carl :floor:

This is normally when you mention tbat you have a pair lying around at the back of the garage...

cableguy said:

C.

Are these the same seats? Would need retrimming!!

http://www.911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Quite fabcy the drive to Germany in my Merc to get them. Two days peace and quiet

15k for a pair of RS seats on ebay!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back