Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange Behaviour

Jam911

Albert Park
So last week I got in the car, started up and a Left Check Front Bulb warning on dash.

I checked it wasn't working.

Cleaned car and fault went away and lights all fine.

This morning drove off Check Left Brake Light warning on dash.

Braked and warning disappeared.

Any suggestion as to what is going on?

Mine's done that intermittently for 3 years but always for the left sidelight.

I assume it's a loose connection/bulb but I always forget to mention it when it's in for service.

As yours is various different warnings I'd get it checked out asap.

Just sounds like a lose / lightly corroded connection to me... pull the bulb out and make sure everything is clean (I use a fine sandpaper on the contact points sometimes to make sure I get a good connection) and replace. More than half the time that's all it needs.

The system monitors the light cicuits by checking for a resistance so a corroded contact or more likely a bulb will cause the error message.

Bulbs can have a high resistance and still work .

ragpicker said:
I have a dodgy indicator bulb in the boxster headlamp cluster. Every now and again I give it a whack with the back of the hand.... Right as rain again.

Just show it who's boss. It'll respect you for it. :thumb:

:?:

e813bc7e0c70479e88d8cfbe716032f0.jpg

:grin:

deMort said:
Last time i hit a rear light to get it working i got a little carried away :oops:

We all knew you have superpowers but please be careful and just use them for good :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back