Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Urgent help pls - stranded

Rockunrolla

Hi , I've just drove to a petrol station no problems ,, I've come back out to the car, put the key in the ignition and the clocks lights flashed slightly then all went dead , nothing at all works , no power what so ever not even the millage display on the clocks , can't open Bonnet ,,
Any ideas please peeps

Thanks , wife's on way with Jump leads so will try that

To get the bonnet open then scroll down on the first link to the fuse board part .. the red tab pulls out , positive lead on that and neg lead on the door check strap or door lock catch .

Press the fob bonnet button repeatedly , also the bonnet switch untill it opens .

It will either be jump leads on the battery to get it started or pull / push the positive lead .. it needs to move not at the battery but at the part it fixes to.

EDIT .. take your time with jump starting ..

leads on correctly .. i get to see the ones that have been done in a hurry .. its expensive to get the leads on wrong .

Got Jump leads on and wiggles wires and it's started :) thank you very much pal :thumb:

One thing - the negative wire off my battery is hot ???

Is the neg lead loose ? is it corroded ?

Ive not come across bad neg leads before but other people have said they can fail on here .

If you wiggled the leads then it kinda points to either the neg lead or the positive lead ive mention about in this post ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118716&highlight=power+dist

Thanks , I'll replace both leads tomorrow ,
Thanks again for the help it's much appreciated - 1 beer owed :thumb:

Bravo demort!

What a great forum this is!!! :thumbs:

Rockunrolla said:
Thanks , I'll replace both leads tomorrow ,
Thanks again for the help it's much appreciated - 1 beer owed :thumb:

Read that post carefully young man .. its the pin in the power box that fails .. a lead wont help .. get it checked is my best advise :)

DeMort = #Legend.

:thumb: :thumb:

How old is the battery? This can be indicitive of the battery being on the way out. Get it checked by your local garage. I use my local F1 because they are great and helpful and I know them well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back