Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ceramic coating - Surrey or Midlands

DerbyJim

Imola
Hi all

I'm looking into getting the new purchase ceramic coated as the Swissvax from the OPC was pretty poor (I know, I know.... what did I expect).

Are there any recommendations in the Surrey (near Guildford but anywhere) or Midlands area (Derby-ish)?

For those that have done it, is there anything I should look out when selecting someone and which package to go for? I've got alcantara inside, would you recommend Ceramic coating on the interior??

Finally, what sort of costs are these going for nowadays? There's no real paint correction to be done.

Thanks

Jim

I use REEP this in Leicester to do mine and they have been awesome. Service and end result have been brilliant. Pete (the MD) is very helpful, Id give them a call, you won't regret it.

I'd never heard of them but sounds like they have some decent reviews.

What sort of works did you get and rough price (PM if needs be)

Thanks for the recommendation!

Jim

Paul Dalton at Miracle detailing, Chichester though!. Very experienced guy.

DerbyJim said:
I'd never heard of them but sounds like they have some decent reviews.

What sort of works did you get and rough price (PM if needs be)

Thanks for the recommendation!

Jim

They did a full paint correction & ceramic coating and then PPF on the front end. It was about £2k, but it looks this good every time with a simple was and shammy off (30 mins tops)

Attachments

• php8la6ifam_206.jpg
    php8la6ifam_206.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,546
I used SL Restoration in Crawley. They are an official Porsche repair centre and I was very happy with the work and service.

Another vote for Reep (but 'Reep South East' based near Reading) here. As per you, I got 'had' when my defences we're down by the OPC selling me Swissvax treatment for my GT4 that didn't make any difference whatsoever.

I couldn't be happier now, the advice was fantastic, no upselling & superb customer service throughout. 20% discount too if you're a PCGB member 👍

http://www.reepsoutheast.co.uk (ask for Michael)

I'm in Guildford and I used All That Gleams in Chilworth. I have never had a new car detail and ceramic coating before so I can't compare it with any other detailers but I was happy with the cost and results. Seem a nice people and looked after my car.

Thanks for the last 3 recommendations guys - and for the south east Reep too, wasn't aware of that one!

Could I ask you to share costs for the specific parts you had done? Again, feel free to PM if you don't wish to say publicly.

RN Detailing

Hi All

I can recommend RN Detailing in the Midlands.
A really nice chap, https://www.facebook.com/rndetailing/
Also fairly priced :thumb: :thumb:
He Detailed my 997 C2s before I put it up for sale.
sold straight away.
No Brainer

Ryan on 0772339608.

Attachments

• 997c2s_939.jpg
    997c2s_939.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 2,350
I used ATD in Derby for 2 stage correction and gtechniq exo And c2v3.

They had the car for 3 days, it was £500.

They are not gtechniq certified but highly competent.

I'm really pleased as I still have beading like crazy 2 years on. The weekly wash is down to 45mins, which saves me getting as much earbashing from swmbo.

Be aware, the ceramic coating will still swirl if you use poor technique with the wash mitt/towel.

Contactless washing is possible so long as it's frequent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back