Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 top mounts. Original/Tarret/Rennline

MisterCorn

Does anybody have experience of the difference between the alternative uniball top mounts? OEM appear to be about twice the price of aftermarket, are they much better or is it Porsche tax?
Any other suggestions welcome. I will need front and rear.

MC

I replaced my originals with Tarret, but at the same time as changing to Bilstien PSS10s, so no comparison on stock suspension.
They are ok, no loss of comfort.
The only thing I didn't like is the camber adjuster allen bolts. When fitted to the car you cannot get to them to adjust them, you have to drop the strut out.
This is ok if you go to someone like Centre gravity for set up, once they've set up you can just leave them be.
They look very hard wearing as there is no rubber parts.

Advise you buy a pair of new https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod10934/Shock-Absorber-Angular-Contact-Bearing-Porsche-99634350100/
:thumb:

Thanks for getting back to me. I should have been explicit but it is the GT3 top moints I am looking at rather than the turbo ones. The standard GT3 ones are monoball but dob't know how they compare with the other options. I will probably consider these when the turbo ones next need doing though.

MC

I got Vorschlags, as they were actually pretty competitively priced for adjustables.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back