Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shell V-Power is a ridiculous £1.46/L

Poker2009

I just had a look at the petrol price in local Shell, and have been using Tesco Momentum (currently £1.28/L) for the last few months, purely because I got fed up of being ripped off by Shell - even though the Tesco is a lot further for me, just on principal, I refuse to use Shell anymore.

When the oil price went as low as $30/barrel (not too long ago), petrol should have gone to less than £1.00/L, but it didn't. The whole thing is a complete scam.

BP Ultimate was over £1.50 when I stopped to fill up in the Reading area a couple of months ago!

I remember the time of the blockades when fuel went over a £1, seems people just accept it now.

TBH I think I stopped looking at the prices a long time ago, on average though Petrol is around the same price as it was over 8 years ago so not too bad IMO.

It spiked pretty high in 2012 rising to around 20p a ltr more than today.

Gotta thank the Tories for this. Labour planned to have it up at £2.50/l by now.

I find you cant drive a 911 or any high performance car and worry about fuel prices you just wouldnt sleep at night :grin: it is what it is and I still use Vmax the money of fuel vouchers that arrive every qtr from my shell card are nice to recieve though usually £20/25 off my next tank full and often a free coffee :thumb: . I havent ever calculated what thats worth off per gallon I paid for but it all helps :grin: :grin:

alex yates said:
Gotta thank the Tories for this. Labour planned to have it up at £2.50/l by now.

and have us all riding bicycles to our next trade union meeting :floor: :floor:

Tesco pay for my channel tunnel crossings buying their fuel.

Oil hit $80 yesterday, so expect it to get worse.

Still, working in the oil&gas industry paid for my 911 so for me it's what goes around, comes, and all that...

I work in the oil and gas industry too. A large percentage of the price you pay at the pump is tax and not what the oil companies charge.

e92 said:
I work in the oil and gas industry too. A large percentage of the price you pay at the pump is tax and not what the oil companies charge.

And the rest goes on expensive employees who spend it on cars :floor:

(I thought I better say it before somebody else does...)

Ishay said:
e92 said:

And the rest goes on expensive employees who spend it on cars :floor:

(I thought I better say it before somebody else does...)

I wish....I have only got about 5 years of experience and hence I get paid just above minimum wage :grin:

WTI was 71.60usd/barrel yesterday. Blame the Venezuelans for cocking up their economy, Donald Trump (renewed sanctions on Iran), demand from China, underinvestment in modern refineries. And a shitload of taxes ladled on top. :dont know:

Momentum is just fine. In fact I'll drive by shell, bp and all the others for it.

:thumb:

Dont care, v power only for me

Having had a bad tank of tesco momentum ***** in a previous car that cost me a small fortune in repairs and hassle i will never use that crap. I would not use it if it was free.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back