Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Renovo

Osh

Paul Ricard
Morning chaps

so this weekend i'm thinking of attacking my soft top with Renovo and making it look a tad better than it currently is.

I had considered doing an AYE Special and having the canvass replaced - but i'm thinking that, if i do a Renovo refresh, I might just get away with another couple of years with it before having to replace. This will leave funds free for other projects such as replacing the exhaust in the next 12 months.

I just wanted to find out if anyone else on here has used this product and, if you have, how did it work out for you...??

My biggest concern is applying this stuff and getting huge brush marks on the canvass hood and making it look worse that it currently is...??

So - anyone used this and how did it go. Any tips/tricks to make this a success...??

Ta all

Osh

Well I've just bought a kit off fleabay to do the same thing. It arrived Monday. At the bank holiday as I stared at it, like you do, and from an angle it looked faded so my man maths plan was hatched.

Idea is to to do it tomorrow morning before the sun gets too much and it dries too quickly. May get the gazebo over it just for the painting.

I know noforkinidea I think it is did his recently but he sprayed his on. You should by lunch time tomorrow have an update from me on how it applies and dries. Tears and beers, hopefully just beers

My motto as Liam Neeson was once told in the film taken 'good luck" :floor:

Its a doddle Osh. Just follow the video and my guide and you can't go wrong. Wipes any splashes of the coloured stuff off you car instantly with a damp cloth. It will wash off after but takes a lot of elbow grease.

:thumb:

Ta P/AYE

Urban Ranger said:
Well I've just bought a kit off fleabay to do the same thing. It arrived Monday. At the bank holiday as I stared at it, like you do, and from an angle it looked faded so my man maths plan was hatched.

Idea is to to do it tomorrow morning before the sun gets too much and it dries too quickly. May get the gazebo over it just for the painting.

I know noforkinidea I think it is did his recently but he sprayed his on. You should by lunch time tomorrow have an update from me on how it applies and dries. Tears and beers, hopefully just beers

My motto as Liam Neeson was once told in the film taken 'good luck" :floor:

Good luck m8 - look forward to seeing your results; will post updates here tomorrow. 8)

Osh

I used this on a 3.2 cab restoration a few years back on a navy blue hood and the results were excellent, as Alex point out clean up any splashes and runs as you go the dye is very runny and finish it off with the waterproofer

pretty sure you wont be dissapointed

Attachments

• imag0041_994.jpg
    imag0041_994.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 3,454
On another note - I've started using fabsil to waterproof it. £4.99 a can at screwfix and that easy does the full roof. Dont get any on your window though. I just lay a towel over that.

I have been using Renovo for years and it is definitely one of the best products, certainly for canvas and mohair hoods. I can't say for the vinyl products as I have never used them.

One caveat, though, is that it is vitally important that you clean the hood thoroughly before beginning to even think about applying the renovator. If you gloss over the cleaning and preparation phase then the results will be markedly poorer.

Its a good idea to mask up areas that are close to the hood that you would't want coloured. A couple of bin bags and some masking tape will save all sorts of scrubbing away later.
If you skimp on the cleaning and masking you are never going to get anything like the amazing transformations this product is well capable of :thumbs:

Well got up before the sun came round and job done. I washed and scrubbed the roof last night, leaving it to dry in the garage overnight.

With taping up and masking off this morning the painting was a 90 minute job. The only advice I'd give is don't put too much on your brush at one time, layer it on in small amounts, it is very runny.

Almost forgot to take a picture so here's one with the masking part removed before I remembered.

It's a doddle job, just be patient with the painting :thumbs:

Attachments

• 1d21704b_b075_49c0_a6c1_2855e7550238_196.jpeg
    1d21704b_b075_49c0_a6c1_2855e7550238_196.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 3,300
Now fully dried :lol:

Attachments

• 98d40712_0d82_4f1a_bf02_b2a3dbfbd68b_213.jpeg
    98d40712_0d82_4f1a_bf02_b2a3dbfbd68b_213.jpeg
    934.2 KB · Views: 3,292
Get it sealed quick. Like I said above, if you don't have the sealer buy some fabsil from a local stockist.

Just come back in from sealing it to see your advice. All sealed and now glad I've done the job.

Looks great :thumbs: 10/10 good job, well done :thumb:

Now you've done the roof and let it dry... put the roof down and do the bits that you've missed :-D
You'll see what I mean when the roof is down :thumb:

Renevo is great though.. runny but effective :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back