Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Congratulations from Germany (Dinslaken)

squelch

Following the Dinslaken trip I received something in the post today from the German Authorities. It's all in German but I think they're congratulating me on driving such an awesome car.... I think!

They must be really impressed as they've even included a couple of photos...

Attachments

• img_7960_1_210.jpg
    img_7960_1_210.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,546
I got flashed by cameras 3 times around Stuttgart last year and never heard anything about it. :dont know:

:floor: :floor: I havent yet recieved one with batman and robin in the front seats, but if you have one mate then I am on the lookout for one aswell .
does it say where it was taken . and are you grining in the pic :grin: :thumb:

What you gonna do squelch?

Not sure, Phil - says "Autobahdreieck Jackerath, A44, Verbindungsrampe von der A44 zur A61". It was taken at 14:21 on 30th April.

Funnily enough, my missus was p1ssing herself laughing saying I've never looked so happy! I explained it was because I was in my car and in another country to her :floor:

lofi said:
Not sure yet - I'll have a proper read of it tomorrow. It's been a long day and I fell (was pushed) backwards off a lorry today helping my bro-in-law with a fridge freezer - landed on my back and head, (so no harm done!!).

What's people's thoughts? I've heard if I ignore it, then it could cause grief when I return to the country - another excuse to buy a new car (a la man maths reasoning) :lol:

squelch said:
Not sure, Phil - says "Autobahdreieck Jackerath, A44, Verbindungsrampe von der A44 zur A61". It was taken at 14:21 on 30th April.

Funnily enough, my missus was p1ssing herself laughing saying I've never looked so happy! I explained it was because I was in my car and in another country to her :floor:

:floor: :floor: that was on the way to Dussledorf on the monday , we were giving it quite a lot of "oh unrestricted autobahn " even when it wasnt :grin: :grin:

squelch said:
lofi said:
Not sure yet - I'll have a proper read of it tomorrow. It's been a long day and I fell (was pushed) backwards off a lorry today helping my bro-in-law with a fridge freezer - landed on my back and head, (so no harm done!!).

What's people's thoughts? I've heard if I ignore it, then it could cause grief when I return to the country - another excuse to buy a new car (a la man maths reasoning) :lol:

all I can say is if they cant write to us in English what do they expect , we are English we dont need to learn another launguage, whats wrong with these Europeans, thought they agreed the launguage of communication in the EU was English which actually will be quite funny when its not the mother toungue of anyone in the EU :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
which actually will be quite funny when its not the mother toungue of anyone in the EU :floor: :floor:

Except us of course :dont know: :thumb:

Without wanting to sound like a misery, I would pay it.

You were speeding, got caught, pay the fine.

How to we all feel about foreigners coming over here, flouting our laws, and getting away scot free.

Looking at that smile on your face it will be worth every penny.

PeterS said:
Without wanting to sound like a misery, I would pay it.

You were speeding, got caught, pay the fine.

How to we all feel about foreigners coming over here, flouting our laws, and getting away scot free.

Looking at that smile on your face it will be worth every penny.

Peter why do the Scots get away free,its so unfair all the perks they get we are all British :floor: :floor: :floor:

the foreigner comment made me smile as it was a discussed while in Germany and we agreed that the British are never foregners where ever they go they are British everyone else is a foreigner :floor: :floor:

kas750 said:
I got flashed by cameras 3 times around Stuttgart last year and never heard anything about it. :dont know:

That's because last year the rules didn't apply to cross border information sharing. IIRC Ireland, Denmark and UK initially refused to sign up, however we relented (because we're weak and bottled it) so DVLA info can be shared across member states. Somewhat ironic as we go down the Brexit route. Trump would have given it the two fingers I bet.

Probably best to pay as you wouldn't want the long rubber glove treatment if you subsequently go through passport control. Many UK citizens get lifted at UK airports for outstanding unpaid fines :what:

PS How much is it :dont know:

The fine is worth it just for the pic :grin:

Plus, it's ONLY a fine, no points...so just treat it a a toll that you had to pay for having so much fun :thumb:

I think the logic is 'one million dollars, no tears' (them's the rules a la Liar's Poker). You got busted. Or next time, your trip to Dinslaken, Nurburgring or Stuttgart might not go so well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back