Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front number plate options

HSC911

Following on from the thread in the 997 section:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127757&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I have a vested interest as I am looking to buy a smaller plate for the front too, my plinth is 44cm and 8cm approx.

I was going to go for a normal height plate but cut down to 44cm :dont know:

I have the 996 plinth, part number 996.701.105.00:

Size:

If using plinth/screws method then you could use a 33-34cm plate:

If you want to mount on the holes 27cm:

Standard plate looks a bit too big for me (I will take a front end shot and replace this one):

:thumb:

Lots of options, some legal and some not.

I'm in the process of sorting mine. I have a five digit no. and I've just received a slightly smaller stick on plate from Craigsplates. It's 75% of the original size in the correct font and on the correct reflective backing. I've also ordered painted/coloured bumperplugs to fill in the square plinth mounting holes.
Should look dandy when done. :thumb:

C.

cableguy said:
Lots of options, some legal and some not.

I'm in the process of sorting mine. I have a five digit no. and I've just received a slightly smaller stick on plate from Craigsplates. It's 75% of the original size in the correct font and on the correct reflective backing. I've also ordered painted/coloured bumperplugs to fill in the square plinth mounting holes.
Should look dandy when done. :thumb:

C.

Pics once sorted please, I am going to hold off until I have seen all the options on a car...probably after Beaulieu :thumbs:

Not bothered about legal/non-legal, thread was started to show people the different styles/options available...we are all big boys and can decide our own fate :judge:

Some links to what you ordered would be cool 8)

I used Craigsplates for the stick on plate: https://www.craigsplates.com/
I called and ordered over the phone. Went through in detail what I wanted, ie. size, font, rounded edges, legal spacing etc.

Although pricey (with international shipping) and I could have gone down the DIY route, I ordered original bumperplugs: https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11_113
The main reason being that they are designed to fit the factory square punched hole perfectly and painted in your colour of choice.

Plate is here, i'm just waiting on the bumper plugs. I'll update the thread with before & after pics when done. :thumb:

C.

cableguy said:
i'm just waiting on the bum plugs. I'll update the thread with before & after pics when done. :thumb:

errr :oops: no thanks :nooo:

:grin:

1. Remove plinth
2. Repair and paint holes
3. Order stick on plate
4. Keep it in the glove box.. ..waiting for the paint to cure :bandit: should anyone ask :cop:

I have a 6 letter plate the same as you, I went for 364mm width which is the narrowest you can legally have whilst keeping full size letters

4MpJbEB.jpg

It would have fit on a cut down plinth which i would of tried but my plinth was cracked at the end so I decided to go without

Had my bumper painted last week so had the holes filled in and bought a stick on from eBay for a fiver. It's slightly smaller at 42 x 9cm so it sits nicely in the flat bit at the front, much improved.

HSC911 said:
cableguy said:
i'm just waiting on the bum plugs. I'll update the thread with before & after pics when done. :thumb:

errr :oops: no thanks :nooo:

:grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor: not sure the mods would be happy with those pics but might make an entertaining thread , hope you havent got hemorrhoids :grin: :grin:

I used 4Dot for mine. I've a six character reg and wanted to keep the plinth (which is smaller than a full size plate) so they made me one with the minimum white area with the reg on and black sides to give full width of the plinth. They keep the plates legal and provide a certificate if ever challenged. Not home at the moment so can't post pic.

Excuse my ongoing garage project, it's mid paint before flooring and racking goes in.

Finally got around to fitting the bumper plugs and plate and i'm very pleased with the change in look. Pics as promised... :thumb:

C.

Attachments

• 3_382.png
    3_382.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 4,477
  • 2_206.png
    2_206.png
    410.3 KB · Views: 4,477
  • 1_104.png
    1_104.png
    479.3 KB · Views: 4,477
Now that's an improvement x 1,000 :worship:

My mission at Beaulieu is to see what people have done and decide once and for all :thumb:

I might have to delete my browser history...just been googling Bumper plugs :grin:

I have gone for a small sticker front number plate. Cunningly fashioned to cover the bumper mounting plate holes with about 3mm to spare....well it was a fluke tbh

I will be at Beaulieu

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back