Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bremi vs Beru Ignition Coils

addavies

Looking to replace my cracked ignition coils following an advisory at my last service. All working fine at the moment so not in any hurry but plugs are overdue so will do both together.

EuroCarparts / Carparts4less have either Bremi or Beru available. Having searched this forum and the web I can't seem to find anything negative about the Beru so I'm thinking this is the way to go. Has anyone had any experience of the Bremi version? :dont know:

Go 100% Beru , theres was a recent thread on here about guys having issues with unknown brand coil packs

I have just fitted 6 new Beru coil packs :thumb:

I fitted Surefire coil packs last year, so called 'high performance', one of them shorted to ground a couple of months ago and I needed to have the car recovered! Nightmare to diagnose as the fault code pointed to an issue with the injectors having a short circuit/low voltage! Only managed to work it out with Dermot's much appreciated help!

Beru coil packs now fitted and a lesson learned!

By chance, does anyone know who make the OEM coil packs? Thinking of swapping mine just as part of routine maintenance.

I think Beru are the OEM .. might be a different company on the later cars though .

New coils are double the size of the old ones , they come with new screws and are a male torx head so you need a female torx socket to fit ...

A little ally grease on the bolt threads wouldn,t go amiss either :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back