Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo help needed

edge

My car has been in the Porsche workshop having every nut and bolt replaced from the exhaust manifolds all the way back including the Turbo mounting bolts , this was because of excessive corrosion. Sines then I have noticed a high pitched whooooing noise when I back off the throttle, so the turbos kick in and the when I lift off I get this short whoooooo noise. I can't say I have ever noticed it before but I wondered if the mechanic has replace or adjusted something that may have caused it. The only other thing that was done was the rear suspension bushes but can't see that causing this. Anyone have any ideas?
Is it normal?
Thanks

Sorry, no idea. But one to take up with the guys who did the work if the noise was not there before.

Got the car back Friday afternoon and noticed it today, sounds like a woman saying whooooo 😀 I did call the OPC but no technicians in until Monday.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back