Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice needed please

Exelzion

Trainee
Hi guys, been member of here for ages but havnt posted in a while as, well, sold my 911 and never had a reason too.

But after my engine blew up in my 997S 3.8 it kinda knocked me back a bit.
So, i always felt as the 997 felt soft to drive, like i dunno.. just soft i guess.
I always preferred my old 996 C2 for the drive.

So, im looking at getting a 996 C4 3.6 02 next week again, now just after a bit of advice.
Guy said its solid, no noises ect..
I know to look for signs of ticking and engine scoring ect, i know the noises to listen for but, is there any new information? Like, is there anything ne i shuld be checking that is a common issue?

It feels so good to be back in the seat of a 911 again, there really is no substitute, and that is true.

Thanks guys, great to be back and to see the forum going strong again.

Welcome back mate , you are like so many that consider the 996 a more focused driving car , Less driver aids etc . the only thing I can add is do your research on IMS for the 3.6 996 has it been changed or have the covers been removed to minimise risks , theres a lot of argument for not changing if its got high mileage but there are things you can do to minimise risks. the same as there are things you can do to minimise the risk of borescore although that is only in quite low persentage but worth doing to reduce risk of being one of that low % . have you had the car borescoped as part of your PPI due diligence

none of the above should put you off its just things to be aware of the same as most marques have little things that are particular to them to be aware of.

lastly enjoy
:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks mate yes ill check them things , cheers.

Yea, there is something about the 996 which just brings me back.
I can't wait to pick it up!!
i need that buzz again haha.

cheers!!

Just a quick question.

Is the 996 C4 2002 a MK2? or MK1?

am i right in thinking the updated "drop tear" headlights are a MK2?

Yes, 3.6 engine and teardrop headlights is the mk2

ok thanks mate :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back