Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 84
996 : 1997-2005 45
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 13
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 14419
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Ishay wrote:
High miles!? Am I missing something or is it 28k on a 9 year old car. Unless your looking for a museum piece which this isn’t, how few miles does one need?


Ishay, thats SBSP sense of humour mate Grin Grin or at least thats what I had assumed Floor Floor


Au contrair! Hermans over 9 years old and his milometer is clicking dangerously close to 20k Surprised I nearly shat myself when I saw it!
Herman Silver (the one before this came with 8500 on the clock 2010 My) So approaching 30k would worry me Grin in fact I actually sold Herman Cream when he went past the 30k Mark Thumb


Floor Floor Well SBSP that stunned me into silence for at least 15 seconds Grin well at least I know now who spends there life running cars in for every one else Floor Floor Floor
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
KJD
Suzuka


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 1209
Location: Monmouthshire


PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll bet it polishes up well thumbsup
_________________
Arctic Silver 997 Manual Carrera 2s
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Magny-Cours


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 2564
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merlint4s wrote:
Nice Black on Red Targa 4S at Cameron Sports cars,

What is everyones view on the full RED interior ?

Full red no, half red/half black....now that's a different matter altogether
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Reims


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 4177
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
spongebob squarepants wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Ishay wrote:
High miles!? Am I missing something or is it 28k on a 9 year old car. Unless your looking for a museum piece which this isn’t, how few miles does one need?


Ishay, thats SBSP sense of humour mate Grin Grin or at least thats what I had assumed Floor Floor


Au contrair! Hermans over 9 years old and his milometer is clicking dangerously close to 20k Surprised I nearly shat myself when I saw it!
Herman Silver (the one before this came with 8500 on the clock 2010 My) So approaching 30k would worry me Grin in fact I actually sold Herman Cream when he went past the 30k Mark Thumb


Floor Floor Well SBSP that stunned me into silence for at least 15 seconds Grin well at least I know now who spends there life running cars in for every one else Floor Floor Floor


M8 remember though this is only with the Hermans! The Bavarian contingent (my daily 3 series) has been around the world close to 6 times 🚘
_________________
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".



991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
deMort
Zolder


Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Posts: 5330
Location: Brighton


PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure i have serviced that car in the past .. its in my area and i have seen that colour on a Targa before .. in the flesh its a pretty bold but good looking car imho .
_________________
Mechanic

7pm - 9pm
At an Indy these days !
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 14419
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
spongebob squarepants wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Ishay wrote:
High miles!? Am I missing something or is it 28k on a 9 year old car. Unless your looking for a museum piece which this isn’t, how few miles does one need?


Ishay, thats SBSP sense of humour mate Grin Grin or at least thats what I had assumed Floor Floor


Au contrair! Hermans over 9 years old and his milometer is clicking dangerously close to 20k Surprised I nearly shat myself when I saw it!
Herman Silver (the one before this came with 8500 on the clock 2010 My) So approaching 30k would worry me Grin in fact I actually sold Herman Cream when he went past the 30k Mark Thumb


Floor Floor Well SBSP that stunned me into silence for at least 15 seconds Grin well at least I know now who spends there life running cars in for every one else Floor Floor Floor


M8 remember though this is only with the Hermans! The Bavarian contingent (my daily 3 series) has been around the world close to 6 times 🚘


Floor Floor Floor so from one extreme to the other Grin
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MAZI
Newbie


Joined: 02 Apr 2018
Posts: 34



PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare for good reason!
Jewish racing gold anyone.............
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
murph7355
Newbie


Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 29



PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching prices on 997.2 4S carefully as am ready to pull the trigger on one.

I suspect I'll end up in a Coupe (less to go wrong, lower price, alleged rattling of the targa roof), though the targa does make the interior much more airy.

That car looks expensive to me, especially when you consider the spec (no chrono plus, no heated seats, no PSE etc). Sytner have a better appointed black car on for 5k less and I even think that's expensive (more miles...but as someone above noted these are at least 7yrs old now so unless you intend not to use it...).

Brave colour choice too.

There's a massive spread on cars at the moment. Dealers (OPC or otherwise) prices seem to be high IMO and stock sits unsold for ages. The odd private sale has come up at much more sensible levels (and hence they move on more readily), so suspect patience will be a virtue...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
deMort
Zolder


Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Posts: 5330
Location: Brighton


PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the Targa roof .. many of the rattles / noises can be stopped and i can easily give advise to stop noises .

It will need a cable replacement at some time , which isnt cheap , but it rarely ever needs doing again so pretty much a one off cost .
_________________
Mechanic

7pm - 9pm
At an Indy these days !
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Reims


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 4177
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

murph7355 wrote:
I'm watching prices on 997.2 4S carefully as am ready to pull the trigger on one.

I suspect I'll end up in a Coupe (less to go wrong, lower price, alleged rattling of the targa roof), though the targa does make the interior much more airy.

That car looks expensive to me, especially when you consider the spec (no chrono plus, no heated seats, no PSE etc). Sytner have a better appointed black car on for 5k less and I even think that's expensive (more miles...but as someone above noted these are at least 7yrs old now so unless you intend not to use it...).

Brave colour choice too.

There's a massive spread on cars at the moment. Dealers (OPC or otherwise) prices seem to be high IMO and stock sits unsold for ages. The odd private sale has come up at much more sensible levels (and hence they move on more readily), so suspect patience will be a virtue...


If the mileage starts with a 1 or 2 the price starts with a 5. I think there cheap and prices should rise more. Grin Just where the market is for a nice low mileage one. There seems to be movement on 997.2 prices at the moment but not for low mileage examples. Even copper pipe coloured ones Floor
_________________
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".



991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
911TEL
Barcelona


Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 1360
Location: Inverness and Highlands

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
Ishay wrote:
Is that the same colour as the Exclusive series Turbo S of the recent models?


Nope. The 'Exclusive' is much nicer. Gold rather than copper.



That is sooooo nice ... achingly beautiful ......

Exclusive by name , exclusive by nature .....
_________________
997 Gen 2 Turbo S Basalt Black -BBS CHR, Kline inconel exhaust, DSC V1 & Polished Bliss air freshener...
Cayenne S diesel 850 N/ m torque!!!! Jet black
SL 55 AMG Obsidian Black
Brompton S2L Black edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Reims


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 4177
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This high miler OPC car makes the plumbers car seem a bit of a bargain ?? Yes it's in the holy grail colour but still ?!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-carrera-997/porsche-911-targa-4s/8463382
_________________
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".



991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
Ishay
Monza


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 191



PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High miler, lol, you just keep setting these cars up for us to enter the market dude.
_________________
Current: 997.1 Turbo, Coupe, Manual
Current: BMW X1 2.0d
Previous: 997.2, Coupe PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Reims


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 4177
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishay wrote:
High miler, lol, you just keep setting these cars up for us to enter the market dude.


That's been 1 and a half times round the world 🌎 worth 40 bags tops thumbsup Grin Nearly twice Herman whites mileage Rolling Eyes
_________________
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".



991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
murph7355
Newbie


Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 29



PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be the "painted headlamp cleaning system" that's prompting the asking price Very Happy

I genuinely cannot understand why people pay those sorts of prices (assuming they do) when there are more highly spec'd cars available for at least 13k less.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DavidGrayson2112
Newbie


Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the 2008 Targa 4S in this Nordic Gold a month ago. Under 20k miles - and interestingly seller traded this in to take delivery on the Turbo S Exclusive in that similar color. Dealership here in Utah (USA) got a lot of calls on it the day it came in from people out of state seeing online and trying to get a better read on the color. I saw it in person 3 days later. It’s awesome. I’d call it copper more than anything - it’s not a flat color, more metallic. Classic looking and very close to first Targa offered in 1966. Plenty of blacks and silvers out there - but an older 911 should be something a bit different IMO. Lots of compliments from other 911 owners.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 361
Location: London


PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

murph7355 wrote:
I'm watching prices on 997.2 4S carefully as am ready to pull the trigger on one.

I suspect I'll end up in a Coupe (less to go wrong, lower price, alleged rattling of the targa roof), though the targa does make the interior much more airy.

That car looks expensive to me, especially when you consider the spec (no chrono plus, no heated seats, no PSE etc). Sytner have a better appointed black car on for 5k less and I even think that's expensive (more miles...but as someone above noted these are at least 7yrs old now so unless you intend not to use it...).

Brave colour choice too.

There's a massive spread on cars at the moment. Dealers (OPC or otherwise) prices seem to be high IMO and stock sits unsold for ages. The odd private sale has come up at much more sensible levels (and hence they move on more readily), so suspect patience will be a virtue...


I don’t think I’ll be far behind you on this move mate!! Lol
_________________
Audi B7 RS4 avant, Mercedes W124 E320 Sportline cabriolet, Mercedes 560 SEC, Caterham Supersport 1600 Race car, Toyota LJ70 Land Cruiser
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
alex yates
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 14271
Location: The Ribble Valley, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911TEL wrote:
T8 wrote:
Ishay wrote:
Is that the same colour as the Exclusive series Turbo S of the recent models?


Nope. The 'Exclusive' is much nicer. Gold rather than copper.



That is sooooo nice ... achingly beautiful ......

Exclusive by name , exclusive by nature .....


Saw two over the weekend:





_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible


 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
silvermilnec
Barcelona


Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Posts: 1477
Location: Leeds West Yorkshire


PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the targa and the colour but for that kind of money it would have to be a turbo Cool
_________________
1996 944
1998 968
2000 996 C2
2006 997 4S
2009 997 1.5 Turbo basalt black on black
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
pzero
General
General


Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 4904
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Nordic Gold example from Goodwood last weekend.


_________________
991.1 Carrera GTS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum