Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Frustrating PCM issue - 2012 991.1

Rob325114

I have a frustrating issue with the bluetooth pairing with my Samsung android phone and the PCM. Whilst my phone consistently pairs with the PCM, it sometimes only pairs for call audio, and not media audio (A2DP); even if I go to the bluetooth setting on my phone and attempt to flick the media switch on... it just flicks straight back off again. I have tried to isolate the issue by pairing my phone with other vehicles, where I do not seem to have the same problem. I am convinced it is something to do with the PCM.

I have unpaired the phone, re-paired it again via the media menu and via the general bluetooth settings. I have updated my phones software.

Any ideas?

Rob325114 said:
I have a frustrating issue with the bluetooth pairing with my Samsung android phone and the PCM. Whilst my phone consistently pairs with the PCM, it sometimes only pairs for call audio, and not media audio (A2DP); even if I go to the bluetooth setting on my phone and attempt to flick the media switch on... it just flicks straight back off again. I have tried to isolate the issue by pairing my phone with other vehicles, where I do not seem to have the same problem. I am convinced it is something to do with the PCM.

I have unpaired the phone, re-paired it again via the media menu and via the general bluetooth settings. I have updated my phones software.

Any ideas?
Try reset network settings on your phone and it will switch off etc. Then see if it will connect.

Scottbacon will be here in a sec to help... :sad:

He may be in the morgue still so give him a minute :floor:

:grin:

996ttalot said:
Rob325114 said:

Any ideas?
Try reset network settings on your phone and it will switch off etc. Then see if it will connect.

I did this, then repaired the phone - connected all fine. Then on my way out this afternoon it connected only for call audio (not for media audio). On the way back in, it connected for both. Seems to have a mind of it's own.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back