Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GT3 MR

Piha

I saw a GT3 MR driving round the town where I live yesterday and after a bit of Googling I discovered the MR stands for Manthey Racing but there is a lack of info about the car I saw. Is it the Cup car or another version?

It was a white car on German plates and it looked fabulous but does anyone on here know anything about it? I'm afraid I didn't manage to get any pictures of the car as I was driving.

I saw this one in Germany last week. :thumbs:

It was a 991 but as it was on German plates I couldn't tell its age.

Hi Piha, MR basically have developed tuning packages for 911's. Generally seats, suspension, brakes. They use Akrapovic exhausts and a few other known quality brands.

https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/home

Manthey Racing have been around a while, but a few years ago they were actually mostly bought out by Porsche (who now own 51% of the company). While ran as a mostly separate operation, they are now the Factory Porsche team for the VLN and WEC as well as essentially still being the gold standard for aftermarket modifications on track Pork.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back