Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein B8 with X74 springs ?

Sundayjumper

Spa-Francorchamps
Last year I picked up a set of used X74 springs. At the weekend I finally got around to fitting them and found that one of my rear shocks is weeping. I think they're the originals, 19 years and 112k miles is a decent life.

So - I need new shocks. I'm not going to spend £2k++ on Ohlins etc. I'd quite like to keep the X74 springs. Will B8s work with them ?

Attachments

• 996_x74_127.jpg
    996_x74_127.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,828
Yes they should be fine. X74 dampers were around £500 a corner last time
I checked, apparently B8s are slightly different to the Porsche specced X74 Bilsteins but are less than half the price and suitable as replacement items (the B8s are for lowered cars which the X74 springs are obviously)

Horses for courses but I guess not many people would pay £2000 for X74 dampers these days either.

Have you fitted new top mounts too, and what geo settings are you going to be running?

OK, that's good to know.

I fitted new front top mounts last year (while trying to fix a squeak that eventually turned out to be a track rod). Geo is standard at the moment, except for a tiny bit of toe out at the front. Feels OK to me so I'm not going to start messing with it just yet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back