Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stainless rear bumper supports?!?

Donx22

As the title says.... anyone one know where I can get new rear bumper supports in stainless?

I believe a member on here makes them but I'm searing with no luck!

My larger supports , well one is corroded have through and doesn't even attach to the bumper and the other is basically trash also. The 2 small ones are looking the same way...

Ideally need a set ASAP as I'm battening currently with taking the bumper off, all screws are corroded through and I'm going to have to drill a couple out. I figured no point replacing with new that will do the same in the end.

If anyone is aware who or where I can buy them from that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Code:

I'm in the market for 2 sets if available.

orangecurry is the man for these iirc. Might be worth a PM. :thumb:

C.

You may have to contact OC through Rennlist or Tipec forums. Forgot he did them.

I have a pair. Might see if a chap local to me could knock up a few and what the cost would be.

RobIpswichUK said:
I have a pair. Might see if a chap local to me could knock up a few and what the cost would be.

I'd certainly be interested in a pair if it helps with numbers. :thumb:

C.

Are these a common part between 993 & 964?

If they will fit a 964 I would also be interested in a set. - I hate rust!!

Not the same unfortunately and 4 for the 993, 2 for the 964. Only the simple one was made in s/s and N/B iirc. Turbos and w/b are different. Only thing in common is they all rot.

Thanks guys, I've sent him a message on here and will do on rennlist!

Fingers crossed he can still get them made!

I will let the others guys interested know if I hear back anything!

Much appreciated

Anyone manage to get hold of him... I've had no luck myself. May have to go standar route :?

RobIpswichUK said:

Good idea Rob, looks like there is a demand.

I'm finally back home this weekend so should get a chance to pop them over for at least a rough quote (fingers crossed).

Endoman said:
Not the same unfortunately and 4 for the 993, 2 for the 964. Only the simple one was made in s/s and N/B iirc. Turbos and w/b are different. Only thing in common is they all rot.

Buy new from Porsche and have them powder coated before being fitted. Then, where possible replace fixings with stainless nuts / washers etc.

Anything to help put off the ghastly rust 😀

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back