Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought my first Porsche - UPDATE, sold my first Porsche

BenB91

After many months of searching and deliberating, yesterday I purchased my first Porsche from Brookspeed, a 2008 997.2 Carrera PDK.

http://www.brookspeed.com/porsche-audi-sales/

Thank you to Phil who very kindly met me to view the car and provided his expert Porsche knowledge.

It was the 3rd 997 that I had test drove. 2 other cars include a 997.1 3.6 Carrera Tiptronic and a 997.1 3.8 Carrera S manual. The gen2 3.6 PDK fell better in every way and provided the confident feeling that I had finally found the right car.

Can't wait to pick it up :D

Will provide pictures when I pick it up. Looking forward to meeting everyone at future meets.

Great colour. I quite like the metropole interior too. I presume they mean the ventilated seats and they are handy when it gets hot.

Yes I really like the interior colour, suits the car.

It does indeed have vented seats which is literally a very cool option.

I can only imagine that it being a Blue 997.2 that Phil997 was the man you're referring to. I hope you've got deep pockets as if you fall under his modders spell, this ride won't be cheap. I've only done one mod and it costs me every time I go out.....a quarter of a tank at a time :floor:
Its a lovely looking car mate. You should get much enjoyment out if it for years to come. :thumb:

I'm a lurker that may pull the trigger sometime but I wanted to add my greetings to Phil997 for the service he did the OP. That you have such people and such enthusiasm speaks well of this forum.

bludger said:
I'm a lurker that may pull the trigger sometime but I wanted to add my greetings to Phil997 for the service he did the OP. That you have such people and such enthusiasm speaks well of this forum.

Thank you bludger, I like to think thats what we are all on the forum for to help each other, along with the banter :floor:

Ben, your very welcome mate, and it was good to meet you . Aqua blue PDK sea blue interior ,with heated and ventilated seats . Whats not to like , I think you haggled a great deal and have got yourself a lovely 911.
And yes we talked mods while at Brookspeed :floor: :floor: the aqua body colour centre console against seablue leather looks very good but I may be biased :grin: :grin:

Ben, Blue is the new black :floor: :floor: enjoy it mate :thumb: :thumb:

bludger said:

It took me 9 months to find my perfect car. At points you think it will never come along within your budget.

This forum has been a huge help in guiding me in the right direction and improving my Porsche knowledge. I haven't even picked it up yet but struggle to think how I'll ever own a better car.

Congrats. Looks like a great choice. Enjoy!

benbuhagiar said:
but struggle to think how I'll ever own a better car.

You won't.

However eventually you'll just bounce from one 911 to the next. Lovely car, very similar to my first. But mine was in the 'old' black @Phil997 :floor:

Ishay said:
benbuhagiar said:
but struggle to think how I'll ever own a better car.

You won't.

However eventually you'll just bounce from one 911 to the next. Lovely car, very similar to my first. But mine was in the 'old' black @Phil997 :floor:

:floor: :floor: "old black" :grin: love it

Very nice - same colour as mine

mikezulu said:
Very nice - same colour as mine

Ah mike so your also in the Aqua new black then :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Did Phil come dressed as Batman ?

:floor: :floor: :floor:

:thumbs:

Seriously though what a great thing to do and shows what a good bunch are on here. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back