Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spit and polish

edge

Nurburgring
Completed a two stage polish and refinement of my turbo with just the wheels , trim and glass to do
Heavy scratches removed using Mezerna FG 400
Medium scratches removed using Mezerna PF 2200
Light swirls and refinement using Mezerna SF4500
Coated with Crystal serum light and Exo v3
Wheels coated with Gtechniq wheel armour

Needs a wash as it has collected a bit of dust but I have 3 days to go before the two week cure is finished.

Attachments

• img_0155_209.jpg
    img_0155_209.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,934
Anyone know how to add multiple picture to a post other than posting a reply?

Attachments

• img_0156_473.jpg
    img_0156_473.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 5,914
First of all great job. Car looks great
To add multiple pics all you do is repeat the process of posting the first pic, youll see them stack up rather than submitting the thread.

Thanks FZP, I did try that but no joy.

One more

Attachments

• img_0157_132.jpg
    img_0157_132.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 5,853
Nice work👍
I'm just about to do mine, touched in the scratches. Did you went sand first? Is so what grade?
Cheers,

toddy2 said:
Nice work👍
I'm just about to do mine, touched in the scratches. Did you went sand first? Is so what grade?
Cheers,

Had to wet sand two scratches with 2500 and then went over with the fg400. The fg400 cut diminishes to give a finish that probably doesn't require a further polish i.e. Refinement
Be careful not to bust through the clearcoat , I have a paint depth gauge which helps.

edge said:
toddy2 said:
Nice work👍
Cheers,

Had to wet sand two scratches with 2500 and then went over with the fg400. The fg400 cut diminishes to give a finish that probably doesn't require a further polish i.e. Refinement
Be careful not to bust through the clearcoat , I have a paint depth gauge which helps.

Cheers, just bought the raceglaze blade (http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/ultimate-blade/paint-run-removal-ceramic-ultimate-blade/) so hopefully won't need to sand too much 🤞

Isn't FG400 a SMAT abrasive rather than diminishing?

Magic919 said:
Isn't FG400 a SMAT abrasive rather than diminishing?
So my understanding of this compound is that the longer you stay on the polish the finer the cut you get in other words the polishing grit breaks down the longer you work it. My experience from using it would absolutely agree as I see no marking or maring when inspecting using the Sunmatch but that's only my opinion.. I never need to refine anything I have addressed with fg400 when using a DA polish machine, hope that helps.

Thanks. The Menzerna I used in the past certainly did that. I've seen conflicting messages on whether the FG400 was still that sort (DAT) or micro abrasive (SMAT). Some say it's a bit of each.

Maybe I'll give it a go when I next order polish.

toddy2 said:
edge said:
toddy2 said:
Nice work👍
Cheers,

Cheers, just bought the raceglaze blade (http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/ultimate-blade/paint-run-removal-ceramic-ultimate-blade/) so hopefully won't need to sand too much 🤞
Raceglaze blade ordered :D

edge said:
toddy2 said:
edge said:
toddy2 said:
Nice work👍
Cheers,

Raceglaze blade ordered :D

You won't regret it, saved a lot of time rubbing down :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back