Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Aux connection query

Gurch

Hey everyone, i have noticed that i have an AUX and iPod connection in the centre console of my 997. Does any one know how to get this working as there is not aux option on my PCM 2 unit.

IS IT GEN1 OR GEN2 CAR

Sorry mate, I had an aftermarket unit on my gen1 so not sure on the right way to go with the iPod conection on gen1 , I have done it on the gen2 but imagine its a different set up on the gen1 . I am sure thers will be alone shortly to explain :thumb: :thumb:

Have you tried hitting the audio button a couple of times? On the Gen 2, you hit the disc button a couple of times. That button seems to correspond with the Gen 1 to Gen 2 buttons

This is what my car came with but i just don't know how to get it to work

If its anything like the gen2 you need a cable that Porsche OPC supply one end fits the Ipod hole and is only avail from Porsche the other has an ipod connector . on the gen2 its a Y pipe that also plugs into the usb to charge but you may have to use tha aux on the gen1 . pretty certain its that cable your missing which is why you cant see how to connect things
:thumb:

It looks like the factory fit / tequipment radio / iPod link
It's the fm radio type of transmitter
From memory you plug an iPod in
Then go into the radio settings on the pcm and manually tune to the bottom of the fm frequency
There's probably an YouTube video of how to do it
But it's quite simple, once you ve done it once!

mark pearce said:
It looks like the factory fit / tequipment radio / iPod link
It's the fm radio type of transmitter
From memory you plug an iPod in
Then go into the radio settings on the pcm and manually tune to the bottom of the fm frequency
There's probably an YouTube video of how to do it
But it's quite simple, once you ve done it once!

Ah thats haw it was done on the gen1 nice Mark thats my lesson for today :thumb: :thumb:

oh brilliant i will try that, how about the aux connection, does that work through the fm tuner as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back