Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

tick tick tick - potential for boom?

johnsnow

Ive given up for the time being looking for a new car and rolled out the 993, started perfectly but i dont remember this ticking noise (see vid below) it gets faster when you rev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Tu_Cs6BYI&feature=youtu.be

Anything to worry about? The oil pressure seems fine, the level light is red but I dont think its ever been accurate, after 10 mins i checked the dipstick and its 3/4 of the way up the twisted bit on the dip stick

OK to drive or send it to be looked at?[/code]

tappets

just oil not getting into one of the hydraulic tappets.... should clear after a gentle run... mine does the same when left standing for a few weeks.

Will

Or.....

Or it could be the car tut tutting about having its engine left so dirty!! :D :D :D

It just needs a good run and it will be fine.

Re: tappets

Will Statt said:
just oil not getting into one of the hydraulic tappets.... should clear after a gentle run... mine does the same when left standing for a few weeks.

Will

:yeah: This must be a 'feature' of Jonttt :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back