Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic Jeremy Clarkson 996 Turbo & C4s TopGear

BK911

https://youtu.be/OJemsVMhEhs

Had forgotten about this... it's sooooo funny! Fast forward to 7 mins, one of the best car test conclusions I have ever seen, genius! :grin:

Attachments

• img_6952_521.png
    img_6952_521.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,354
I'd almost forgotten what a bell end Clarkson is until I watched this again. All he wants to do is to make witty remarks and make himself look clever, feck all to do with the cars he's talking about. I'm perfectly happy with my Carerra in a he-man suit thanks, and so have over 20,000 buyers since it's launch. Goes to show how much he doesn't know about cars. Great chestlcles at the end though............. :thumbs:

pzero said:
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=49724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Interesting reading the comments from so many years ago - Terry musing that it would be unlikely he would see himself in a turbo, but look at him now :thumbs:

Thanks to BK911 for re-posting that old video and to pzero for the link to my posts at that time.

Those comments were made in November 2010. Interestingly I held on to my C4 until 1st May 2013 and went over to the forced induction dark side.

I've just dug out this thread from the day I made the change - exactly 5 years ago.

=> The day T8996C4 became T8

There is only one 996 C4S and nothing else comes close.

1410252376179_wps_43_9_September_2014_Kelly_Br.jpg

I love the comment: 'This is a Porsche and you can do 100k and nothing will ever go wrong'

alex yates said:

1410252376179_wps_43_9_September_2014_Kelly_Br.jpg

Hi Alex,
are you sure it's not a turbo, they look similar from this angle but take it for a ride and the turbo is much more powerful, can be a handful when pushed to the limit if you're inexperienced though.

maldren said:
alex yates said:

Hi Alex,
are you sure it's not a turbo, they look similar from this angle but take it for a ride and the turbo is much more powerful, can be a handful when pushed to the limit if you're inexperienced though.

You'd need to check for bore score and a leaky rear main seal. :hand:

Back to the original thread, can you imagine if they ran a similar feature now on Top Gear. The internet would melt with righteous indignation!

Definitely not!!!! Kelly Brook doesn't have clowns pockets!

Shurv said:
I'd almost forgotten what a bell end Clarkson is until I watched this again. All he wants to do is to make witty remarks and make himself look clever, feck all to do with the cars he's talking about. I'm perfectly happy with my Carerra in a he-man suit thanks, and so have over 20,000 buyers since it's launch. Goes to show how much he doesn't know about cars. Great chestlcles at the end though............. :thumbs:

The chesticles are indeed fab :puh:

Don't take the C4s jab too seriously, I too am a "fake" and know what a brilliant machine it is. Clarkson is good at taking the pi$$! The world has moved on. 996 is the perfect remedy to today's overly complicated cars that have dialled out feel in order to deliver ridiculous bhp numbers no one can actually use daily without risking their licence. 996 is a perfect blend of usable performance (320bhp in the C4s, I just hit 7000rpm a few times on the way home without busting a limit in the sunshine with the windows and roof open) with the best chassis, suspension and brakes of that era this side of a GT3. The looks divide but for me are an added bonus, the narrow front flaring out with smooth uncomplicated flow is very errr Porsche ehh!!

Widebody 911's are :thumb:

T8 said:
pzero said:
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=49724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Interesting reading the comments from so many years ago - Terry musing that it would be unlikely he would see himself in a turbo, but look at him now :thumbs:

Thanks to BK911 for re-posting that old video and to pzero for the link to my posts at that time.

Those comments were made in November 2010. Interestingly I held on to my C4 until 1st May 2013 and went over to the forced induction dark side.

I've just dug out this thread from the day I made the change - exactly 5 years ago.

=> The day T8996C4 became T8

I can see this being my 911 journey... 964 C4 to 996.2 C4s to 991.2 C4s or GTS in about 4 years time as I approach 100k. Bought my 996 late last summer with 49k, already up to 57k... love driving it.

996 owners remind me of Australians, continuously trying to convince us all that they are the Bees Knees. I once owned a 996.2 C4 and loved it, but it was slow compared to the 997.2 C4S which I have now, as fast as the 996 turbo but bullet proof, usable PCM etc etc.

rigsby99 said:
996 owners remind me of Australians, continuously trying to convince us all that they are the Bees Knees. I once owned a 996.2 C4 and loved it, but it was slow compared to the 997.2 C4S which I have now, as fast as the 996 turbo but bullet proof, usable PCM etc etc.
We don't continuously try. We only do it once and then you internalize your rage at being wrong, playing the discussion over and over in your head, so it seems continuous in your mind. :bandit:
Don't worry we don't get offended, we've got thick skin. Must be all that free Vitamin D we get from the golden orb. :floor:

:grin:

rigsby99 said:

So you paid twice as much money for a more boring fast car that's still depreciating, well done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back